RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Electric Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/)
-   -   Anyone interested in the Ultrafly Radix?, Heres some pics of mine (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/3436741-anyone-interested-ultrafly-radix-heres-some-pics-mine.html)

Vertical3-D 10-08-2005 11:25 PM

Anyone interested in the Ultrafly Radix?, Heres some pics of mine

1 Attachment(s)
I picked up a Radix the other day. fairly nice build and one hech of a plane. Flys perfect using my Rimfire motor and an APC 9-3.8 slo prop. If anyone wants to know more by all means ask away and I'll be happy to answer.

78dave 11-08-2005 09:44 AM

RE: Anyone interested in the Ultrafly Radix?, Heres some pics of mine

I built the Radix and for some reason the ailerons do not have any affect on flting. It just rolls right and left but does not turn. I have to use the rudder to turn theplane. Using a Ultrafly outrunner and 7.4 9oomah battery. Otherwise it flys great. ?????

Yogi 11-09-2005 03:10 PM

This is a normal trait of this type of airframe the Tensor 4D is the same way neutral stability. Yogi

craigclimber 12-17-2005 03:28 AM

I just got a Radix, and am building it now. Where did you end up putting the battery and other radio equipment to make it balance?

putte1 12-18-2005 12:51 PM

Hello.
Built and flown the Radix inddor once with some difficoulties. The build notes doesn't say where to put the CG (with dimensions I mean) so I just tried with 1/3 from the front of leading edge.
I'm used to flying but indoor and 3D is new to me.
Tips?

Best regards.
Patrik
Sweden

wingster 12-18-2005 07:15 PM

For those who have built the Radix, did you use the shrink tubing on the control linkages as the plans call for? How did it work out? I'm just about to start building mine.

Thanks

craigclimber 12-19-2005 06:23 PM

I used the shrink tube control surfaces and it seems fine, but my first flight is tomorrow morning

hroachen 12-19-2005 07:39 PM

I just finished building mine last nite. Too windy to day for a decent flight test, it'll have to wait til the wind dies down or I get some gym time.

Pretty nice build, I used the shrink tube linkage system. I've used it in the past, never had a problem.

Loco_stunt_guy 01-02-2006 08:38 PM

I didn't like the heat shrink stuff. I flew it for a while with it, but switched to micro dubro stuff. Much better! This plane is also a good candidate for a Vp setup.

ChopperMike 11-24-2006 09:21 PM

The build notes doesn't say where to put the CG (with dimensions I mean) so I just tried with 1/3 from the front of leading edge.
I just picked up a Radix. There's an addendum regarding the missing CG. It's 85mm behind the leading edge of the top wing.

Mike

exeter_acres 11-25-2006 09:51 AM

ORIGINAL: Loco_stunt_guy

I didn't like the heat shrink stuff. I flew it for a while with it, but switched to micro dubro stuff. Much better! This plane is also a good candidate for a Vp setup.

in what way?/
many competition pilots use the shrink tube method