RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Electric Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/)
-   -   Your favorite indoor plane for for serious 3d flying? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/3595533-your-favorite-indoor-plane-serious-3d-flying.html)

WRK 11-28-2005 11:05 AM

Your favorite indoor plane for for serious 3d flying?

I f you had to pick one plane/motor combination for serious 3D indoor flying which one would you pick?

BadBoy__MadMikey 11-28-2005 11:39 AM

RE: Your favorite indoor plane for for serious 3d flying?

i really enjoy the ikarus f3a or yak shock flyers!!! with an axi 2204/54 motor!!! i use tanic 520mah 3 cell packs and e-tec 700 mah 3 cell packs and get 10 minutes of go indoor 3-d flying!! i just don;t think you can top a shocky when it comes to indoor flying!!! but these two are the new generation of shocky that has 45 degree peices on the underside of the fuse that takes all the flex out, whoch in turn gives u a smooth flying plane that tracks great!!! using 3 blue bird 306's and gws 4 channel receiver and the axi gives u a plane between 6 to 7 ounces depends on battery. mine weighs 5.5 with out battery and 6.75 with battery, has tons of power even outdooors in wind!!! another motor is the baby hacker a-20 outrunner series i beleive the model number is 34. (a20-34s) give an shocky a try!!!

Mike

billaltman 11-28-2005 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I agree about the shock fliers, I've been flying them for some time with the same setup. Axi's 2204's, 306's etc. Yak was my favorite for a while until I just got lucky and scratch built a small biplane with 25 inch wingspan. Since i've been flying it and several other people have also we all have fell in love with flying it. I designed it about 5 months ago while waiting for the Great Planes reflection. Love the small axi 2204/54 10esc combination. Flys like the reflectiion only much lighter. Set up properly it flys neutral on all axis, just a fun plane to have fun with indoors or out. Anybody wants plans you can PM me and i'll send them to you. Here is the picture again.
Bill

bdavison 11-28-2005 01:04 PM

Ditto on the above.
Thats my Tom&Jerry plane in the pic above. This is the ultimate indoor 3D airplane. Ill be posting video of it very soon. It even outflys most of the shockflyers. Which is hard to do because the shockies are really good indoor planes also.

Devin McGrath 11-28-2005 04:39 PM

I have had manny shockflyers and they are the best indoor 3D planes out there... Although I have not flown the Mini Reflection I am in the prosess of building one right now...:D so I will let you know how that goes....