RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Electric Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/)
-   -   NEW FOAMY SOUTHERN X-4 DAMAGED RISISTANT 3D-STUNT PLANE OR TRAINER (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-electric-flying-237/4842581-new-foamy-southern-x-4-damaged-risistant-3d-stunt-plane-trainer.html)

Ed Eddie Edward 10-08-2006 02:46 PM

NEW FOAMY SOUTHERN X-4 DAMAGED RISISTANT 3D-STUNT PLANE OR TRAINER

1 Attachment(s)
Hey,YOU HAVE TO GET ONE.. Man, I like it,Seen it fly and test crashed 100 times and I cant understand why no one has herd of them yet, Soon people will know I'm sure.Its a sweet looking to, Fly's great does'nt fall apart easy and easy to throw a battery in it.Here is the web site www.funplanes.com Many Video's there Showing how well it flys and how STRONG it is ..Pass it around to your friends. Man, you can do all kind of stuff with this thing and never have to stop to repair other then changing the prop, I want it to learn as much as I can Flying stunt, I like fly low to the ground and this is going to be a Blast go to www.funplanes.com to see it for your self Im going to order one today let you know how it goes.If anyone has one let me know any tips hey for 68.00 shipped to my house I just bought a E-flite Byp Yak for 65.00 and one crash and its repair time so before I go messing around with it, I let my self go on the Southern X-4... Man, Im geeked Its got to be cool I know a 4th place AMA pro Flys it , I going to buy it and hope the word gets out I know I never have alot of time to fly and I hate when I spend time repairing and guy who dont want to mess with This a great Trainer and Pro 3d , Stunt flying list will go on. I just know, my eyes dont lie and soon I can say it all over again when I get it Thanks For Your Time Eddie PS. I just bought one and payed for it with Paypal its a link and its all safe let you know how it goes.

flyingace451 10-08-2006 03:25 PM

RE: NEW FOAMY SOUTHERN X-4 CRASH PROOF 3D-STUNT KILLER

Crash proof is definately the wrong wording for this...Crashing something 100 times and then saying it's crash proof? That just sounds stupid...Damage proof might be a good wording.

I'll believe it when I see it. Show me a video or something of a plane being crashed over and over (no whimpy crashes either) and then I'll believe.;)

Ed Eddie Edward 10-08-2006 04:04 PM

YOU GOT TO KIDDING ME! GROW UP! THIS IS ONLY A HOBBY ,YOU KNOW FUN.. ONLY TRYING TO MAKE IT KNOWN IT CAN TAKE A CRASH OVER AND OVER NOT SOME STUPID 50 MHP CASH IF YOU WANT TO GET ALL HIGH TECH GO WRITE A BOOK ABOUT IT. MOST PLANES CANT DO WHAT YOU SEE IN THE VIDEO. SO WHATS UP, GOT NOTHING TO DO BUT MAKE PEOPLE FEEL LIKE THEY WASITED THERE TIME TO POST IT AND IM NOT BEING PAYED SO WHO DIED AND MADE YOU BOSS? I GOT CHEESE FOR THAT WINE BOSS MAN SMELL IT BEFORE YOU BITE DOWN. SORRY I LIKE TO THINK PEOPLE WOULD UNDERSTAND YOU KNOW HELP NEW COMERS OR PEOPLE WHO REALLY DONT HAVE TIME TO MONKEY WITH IT BUT INJOY THE FUN OF IT .. I HAVE TOO SAY SORRY FOR THE RAZ.. MAN ! PEOPLE JUST DONT CARE HOW LAME THE WORLD IS GETTING, ALL THEY KNOW HOW TO DO IS PUSH AND PUSH AND FOR WHAT DID YOU WIN A PRIZE? IS THAT WHAT MAKE'S YOU HAPPY ? WELL MY TIME IS UP, WANT TO SPEND TIME WITH MY KIDS AND PLAY. ITS FUN TO BE A CHILD NO WORRYS JUST PLANE FUN AND HAPPY AND THATS THE WAY I LIKE IT ,SORRY I DONT WANT TO GROW UP ITS TO MUCH TO THINK ABOUT AND I THINK I DO WELL FOR A KID AT HEART THANKS MUCH ,EDDIE

Ed Eddie Edward 10-08-2006 04:21 PM

GO TO THE WEB SITE WWW.FUNPLANES.COM AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF VIDEO'S I'M NOT SURE ABOUT 50 MPH CASHES BUT ITS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME I'M NOT GOING TO DO MUCH MORE THEN THAT IF I DID MY FOAMY THAT WAY IT BE OFF TO REPAIR SHOP DON'T LIKE THAT I LIKE FUN AND MAYBE THATS WHY THERE CALLED FUN PLANES..GO FIGURE

flyingace451 10-08-2006 04:35 PM

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.
I'm sorry but by the looks of it I'm not the one who needs to grow up...If someone else owns this plane, tell me. Because right now I'm not interested anymore.

Ed Eddie Edward 10-08-2006 05:29 PM

MAN, I GIVE UP! YOUR JUST TO MUCH OF A MAN AN YOU NEED A REAL MAN TO SHOW YOU THE HEADSTRONG AND PUFFED UP WAY. YOUR NOT HAVING FUN ARE YOU WHY DON'T YOU GO FIND SOME HELP BECAUSE THIS POST IS NOT A DOCTORS FORM I GOT TO TELL YOU ,YOU CRACK ME UP DUDE ,YOUR FUNNY. IF YOU TRYING TO MAKE ME LAUGH ITS WORKING VERY MUCH JUST SPEND 68.00 ON IT IF NOT WHAT YOU WANT IT STILL WILL BE A BANG FOR THE BUCK IF THE THING WAS 100% EVERYTHING YOU WANTED YOU BE PAYING UP NOSE AND WHY BECAUSE GUYS LIKE YOU WOULD LOVE IT TILL THEN YOU WAIT AROUND TILL THAT MAN COMES AROUND AND MAYBE THEN YOU WILL HAVE FUN IT .TILL THEN I GOING TO KEEP HAVE FUN IN THE SPORT OF FLYING WHO KNOW MAYBE IT WILL COME FROM THIS COMPANY OR SOMEONE WILL LEARN FROM IT SO IT DOES HAPPEN WOW WOULD THAT BE COOL, KEEP IT REAL AND HAVE FUN WITH IT

Ryguy 10-08-2006 06:16 PM

Wow....umm...yeah. Ed, I found nothing worth flaming about in what FlyingAce orginally said, then you came in and POW, wow... Um, I'm reporting you too, cause that was just uncalled for. If you were trying to sell this plane, you just gave people a reason not to buy it.

jdetray 10-09-2006 01:24 AM

Crash proof is definitely an overstatement, but I've seen enough videos of these EPP foam planes to believe that they are considerably more damage resistent than foamies made of, say, Depron.

The design originated in 2003 and comes from Yo****o Sekiai of Japan.

Here's a video showing a multiple-crash test:
http://www11.ocn.ne.jp/~skytown/video/v3.wmv

And the first few seconds of the following video (after the opening credits) shows how resilient the planes are:
http://www.funplanes.com/videos/SX2pavement.wmv

Somewhere there is a video of the plane being tossed down a flight of stairs, but I can't find it.

Please note that I do not own or endorse these planes. I'm simply responding to your request to "show me a video."

- Jeff

Ed Eddie Edward 10-09-2006 01:59 AM

Sorry for not understanding Crash proof. it took me a while to think about it a plane cant be cash proof all a person had to do was to point out the error ..I was so hipe on it, I never stop to think about it I guessed being called stupid was a true thing to say but to think thats what I was trying to say, well some people are COOL and Some like to leave you hanging sorry it took me so long to take the noose off my neck ..Well I was trying to be cool to get the word out didnt mean to hurt anyone, sorry for my loss of words TAKE CARE GUYS AND KEEP IT FLYING, THANKS Eddie

Ed Eddie Edward 10-09-2006 02:10 AM

Hey,go to there web site there you can see it in action I dont think they were out to scam me out of my money thats why the name is fun planes more fun time then monkey'n with repairs

Ed Eddie Edward 10-09-2006 03:34 PM

This is the SX4 SX-4 SX3 SX-3 SX2 SX-2 search

From the designer that brought the "flexible, foamie" revolution to the majority of us, Yo****o Sekiai has created another fine flying airplane: The Southern X 4.

This plane differs from the others in that it has a solid EPP wing, verses the built up 'rib and spar' construction that slows most off us down. It also has a longer fuselage and weighs a tad more than the others in the series, but hey! Nothings free in this world :o).

The SX4 goes together quickly due to the lack of wing ribs, and you can see how it flies by watching some of the videos linked below.

If you thought the other SX series planes were great fliers, you'll LOVE this one as it is easier to build, and was EXTENSIVELY flight tested to be the best flying plane so far.

Give it a go! We bet you'll love it (just don't let your friends fly it.... You may not get the transmitter back!)

flyingace451 10-11-2006 03:34 PM

Thanks very much jdetray, that's exactly what I wanted to see.;)

Ryguy 10-11-2006 03:41 PM

Just curious, what is a 3-D Stunt killer?

Ed Eddie Edward 10-11-2006 03:45 PM

Please go to the website and you will see alot more videos.It would be stupid not to go to the website in the first place-but then again if your day is spent looking at your ceiling it could be difficult for you.:D

Ryguy 10-11-2006 05:17 PM

I've been to the website and it looks like a decent plane. I'm just not in the market for something more durable than light, though many people are. I just found the title of this thread a little humorous. Never heard of a plane reffered to as a crash proof 3D stunt killer before.

Gary Hoorn 10-11-2006 06:40 PM

ED EDD EDDY,
No personal experience and you are shilling for this bird? Come back and report after you get one and dive it into the ground from about 50 feet simulating servo failure...
Gary

Ed Eddie Edward 10-12-2006 12:32 AM

MANN What is with you guys got nothing to do by razz razz razz but hey just like all the other rich people in the world want everything handed to them... Someone is trying and Im backing him on it is that so bad this is his 4th one and it can only get better and besides do you really thing it would not have been know every where by now?, if it was a 50 foot dropper and pick it up and fly.. This is for, AGAIN AGAIN FOR PEOPLE THAT JUST WANT TO GET SOME GOOD TIME'S OUT OF THERE FLYING ,MAY BE 1 or 2 TIMES a WEEK AND I KNOW I HATED THIS LAST WEEK END I HAD MY FOAMY OUT AND WAS 10 mins INTO A FLIGHT AND I LOST SITE OF IT like 2 feet from the ground and that's all she wrote 30.00 gone.. look this post is not for the MR PRO'S WHO SEEM TO THINK THAT THEY KNOW IT ALL. its for guys who dont like to throw there time and money away. Not all people are made out to be the best or rich so what is the big deal? I saw it, it look's cool and I got one and if it does what I want it to do then I will be doing jumping jacks THATS WHY I AM TRYING IT, YOU GOT ANY BETTER IDEA'S LET ME KNOW WERE I CAN GET ONE OR JUST SPEND THE MONEY AND GET REAL GOOD SERVO'S ? I DONT KNOW GO FIGURE ? THANKS AND KEEP IT IN THE AIR, Eddie

Ed Eddie Edward 10-12-2006 06:26 AM

Well got a email from funplanes and they were cool to let me know how and when with a tracking number soon I will be crash proof O yeah I mean DAMAGED RISISTANT..Here some of the info they sent me

Shipper: U.S. Postal Service

Shipping Method: Priority MailĀ® (2-3 days)

Note from Seller: Hi Eddie!

Here comes the SX4! Hope you like it!

Thanks for the order!!

Mark

jdetray 10-12-2006 10:36 AM

RE: NEW FOAMY SOUTHERN X-4 DAMAGED RISISTANT 3D-STUNT PLANE OR TRAINER

Eddie-

Normally, the time to praise a new plane is after you have received, assembled, and flown it. It's normal to be excited about a new purchase, and I wish you good luck with it. What I am finding really strange is that you are telling us how wonderful the plane is before you even have it in your hands!

Cool videos showing the plane being flown by pro flyers mean very little. The question is: Can you or I or other not-so-expert pilots successfully fly the plane?

I am very interested in your actual experience with the plane.

- Jeff

Ed Eddie Edward 10-12-2006 01:08 PM

GO BEARS ........... IS THAT OK TO SAY IM NOT LOOKING AT IT AS SOMEONE IS PULLING MY LEG ? I'VE SEEN IT CRASH AND FLY VERY WELL AND I KNOW IM NOT NUTS TO THINK THAT , MANY PEOPLE LIKE A GOOD IDEA AND THEN THEY INVEST INTO THAT IDEA..IF I DUMP MONEY IN IT SHOULD I FEEL LOW ABOUT MY SELF LIKE I DONT KNOW WHAT MADE ME BUY IT OR WHY I AM PRAISING BECAUSE IVE HERD AND HAVE HAD ONE IN MY HANDS BEFORE, NOT THE SAME COMPANY BUT SAME IDEA Great Planes U-Can-Do 3D FlightFlex EP ARF 33.5" GO TO www.towerhobbies.com and see it fly..I JUST DIDNT LIKE THE FUSE IT WAS JUST PLANE FOAM AND DINT NOT SEEM THAT STRONG BUT THE WINGS WERE NICE SAME IDEA AND SHOULD I THINK ITS DUMB TO SEE WITH MY OWN EYES THAT ITS BEING SMACK AROUND AND I KNOW IF I DID THAT WITH ANY OF MY PLANES IT WOULD BE REPAIR TIME AND BACK HOME TO DO SOME WORK AROUND THE HOUSE ANYWAY IM OLD SCHOOL AND IF ITS WHAT I WANT , I'LL HAVE TO BUY HER FLOWERS AND DRESS UP THEN SO BE IT BUT IM GOING TO GET MINE, IF YOU THINK IT A BIG DEAL THEN OK,I FEEL YOU.. I DONT JUST SWING AWAY UNLESS THE BALL COMING IN NICE AND SLOW AND THATS WHY IM MAKING THIS POST TO SLOW THE BALL DOWN SO NO WORRYS MAN I REALLY DONT THINK ITS GOING TO BE A BIG DEAL. I ALL READY HAVE IT THOUGHT OUT AND IT WAS NOT THAT TUFF TO THINK ABOUT IT AND I READ A LITTLE AND THEY HAVE LINK'S ON THERE WEB SITE .I'VE BEEN GOOFING WITH TOYS FOR SO LONG THAT THE 68.00 TRIP INTO A FOAMY CANT BE THAT BAD DID YOU LOOK IT UP? I GOING TO POST IT WHEN IT HAPPENS.. TILL THEN THE KNIT PICKING WILL KEEP COMING AND AT THIS POINT WHO CARES DID ANYONE EVER CARE ABOUT ANY OF THE GREAT INVENTOR NO... THEY WERE MADE FUN OF MOCKED AND DID NOT BELIEVED THEM ..IT SEEM'S TO BE A PERSON HAS TO DO BACK FLIPS WITH ONE LEG TO MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY AND IM NOT THAT MAN WHY BECAUSE ITS MY FUN AN IM HAVING IT AND IF YOU WANT TO JOIN IN COOL AND IF NOT, HAVE FUN WITH THAT..TAKE CARE AND KEEP IT IN THE SKY,EDDIE PS... NO DIS TO YOU ITS JUST BEING MAKE CLEAR TO ALL THOSE WHO THINK I LIKE JUMPING THREW HOOPS.
TO BE GEEKED OR NOT TO BE THATS IS THE FUN OF IT

Ed Eddie Edward 10-12-2006 01:41 PM

http://video1.hobbico.com/gallery/gpma1275-deluxe.mpg HERE IS THE VIDEO OF A

Great Planes U-Can-Do 3D FlightFlex EP ARF 33.5" ITS ALMOST THE SAME THING I'LL HAVE TO LET YOU KNOW I THINK ITS MADE CHEEPER OR NOT AS GOOD AS THE PACKAGE FROM X4 WILL KEEP YOU POSTED

Ryguy 10-12-2006 01:45 PM

Dude, we're not out to get you, so you don't need to flame us all the time. I do find it ironic that you are praising this plane that you've never flown, only seen in videos. I've seen lots of videos of RC planes, but just because the video looks good doesn't mean the plane is. I'm interested to see how you like this plane, though, but not if you keep flaming us for any criticism of the model. I criticize models even that I've bought and am skeptical of most ads until I've flown it and proven what the manufacturer claims for myself. I just hope you don't get burned on this one, which I'm afraid you might considering it comes from a small manufacturer few people have heard of.

cliorc 10-12-2006 02:07 PM

I"m very new to these online postings,but not to flying.IMO it's sounds like he is for lack of a better term...................plane pimping something he has never flown seems to know nothing about it but what the sight says.has to make one wonder why someone would keep on and on like he has been.

Ed Eddie Edward 10-12-2006 02:13 PM

HEY THATS COOL NO WORRYS THATS WHY I LET THAT NOTE I DONT CARE ANYMORE WHAT THEY SAY IM DONE I WILL JUST HAVE MY FUN , I KNOW ITS GOING TO BE COOL IM NOT TRYING TO GET THE BEST OUT OF IT I GOT OTHER PLANES I HAVE TWO E-JETS 150 MPH TWO E-EXTRA 300 15 AND 20 SIZE AND ONE E-P51 25 SIZE AND A CUB 15 SIZE ALL ARE WOOD ARF'S AND ONE E FLITE TENSOR PLUS THE NEW BYP YAK AND A T-REX SE ALSO A MINI FUNTANA WELL ITS ALL GOOD I JUST WANT A RAG DOLL TO PLAY WITH AND IF ITS ALL THAT TO THEN MAN IT WILL BE COOL TO MAKE THE POST BUT FOR THE MOST PART IM GOING TO KICK IT ONE TIME [sm=71_71.gif]

Ryguy 10-12-2006 02:18 PM

Good for you, just have fun, that's what the hobbies all about. You don't need to flame us, we never once made any comments worth flaming us for. Be sure to tell us how it flies.