Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Webra 1.45 Aero- X

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Webra 1.45 Aero- X

Old 06-04-2002, 12:23 AM
Rob Swire-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Webra 1.45 Aero- X

Anyone have any experience with this engine, good or bad?

-Rob
Old 06-05-2002, 09:01 PM
Ryan Smith
My Feedback: (25)

Default Well, sorta....

Hey Rob,

I have an older version of this engine, the regular Webra 1.45. I bought one of the last ones before Piedmont Models started stocking the Aero-X. It is an awesome engine that is very light, VERRY powerful, and reliable. I am using an Asano pipe and header and am running a 16x13 APC prop right now. I can't give you any particulars such as RPM's, but all I know is that it is a great engine and I would reccommend that engine to anyone!
Old 06-05-2002, 09:41 PM
TOYMAKER
My Feedback: (6)

Default Aero-X

My understanding is this engine is about 2 oz lighter. how much that equates to in power is beyond me. Of special significance is the diamond hard, low friction nickel silicone-carbide used to plate the sleeve. Was gonna get one but not availbable till just recently so I opted for a good deal on a reliable and proven O.S. Rx 1.4.
Old 06-06-2002, 01:03 PM
Hubb
My Feedback: (1)

I too have the webra 1.45R.It has performed flawlessly for me since spring. I have about 7 or 8 galons through it so far. I use cool power 15%. I have a bolly 590 C/F muffler and a macs header. (the same header for the OS 1.40 btw). also I run a apc 17 x 12 prop.

This was my first pattern engine purchase so I researched it carefully as well, I have not been dissapointed. I fully plan on buying the 1.45 - x version for my next ship.

let us know how you make out and what pipe/ header set up you choose

Hubb
Old 06-06-2002, 05:08 PM
Joaquin
My Feedback: (3)

Hubb,

Can you give us an idea of the RPM's your getting. I live at 8000' ASL and we really need to get most power/weight ratio to make things fly here.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:51 AM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

I have one in a Typhoon 2000 that I've been running for years. I had to remove the stock pump as it was worse than useless. I installed a plain backplate with a pressure fitting connected to a Perry pump. It's a great combination. I've found the needle valve to be very sensitive; one click can make a big difference. This engine produces a lot of power with a tuned pipe. A little touchy to set up, but very reliable once it is.

I'm currently searching for a piston/sleeve set for it.