Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

Old 04-28-2004, 09:29 AM
John Murdoch
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

I was just looking at the new to be released Hangar 9 up-sized Funtana thread and noticed that Mike McConville, Horizon's hands on PR rep. is activly participating by answering questions that people are posing regarding the soon to be released airplane.

If any of you have had the pleasure to read Mike's original article on Horizon's website on how to set up and fly the Funtana 40, you'd have to agree that there's a lot of setup and flying information lacking.

I've made the suggestion that Mike have a monthly "3D maneuver" section on Horizon's website that would show the exact setups including things like throttle curves, mixes, surface throws, expo's etc. The new Funtana 90 would be the perfect airplane to start on. I also suggested that he could have a video that would have the radio sticks superimposed on the video so that we could see exactly what movements are being made to perform a particular maneuver.

I'm sure, I for one, would be anxiously awaiting each month's 3D video tutorial.

I told Mike that after viewing and applying the proper setups and flying techniques, that I would be so anxious to try what I had just learned, that I would crash more airplanes, thus, I would need to buy more airplanes, thus Horizon's sales would go up, thus Horizon would have more money to produce more tutorial videos, thus I would crash more, thus I would buy more and on an on... You get the picture!

So what do you think? Is this a good idea for all of us to get percise instructions to 3D setup and flying?
Old 04-28-2004, 05:05 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Default RE: WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

I think it is a very good idea.
Old 04-28-2004, 06:15 PM
Josey Wales
My Feedback: (61)

Default RE: WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

Me too!!!
Old 04-28-2004, 06:37 PM
mattyd

excellent idea, would be really helpful.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:12 PM
rc-sport
My Feedback: (12)

I want Mike to come to my field and show me how to do manuevers. Come on Mike, its only about a 2.5 hour drive. My Funtana is on order at Venture Hobbies and will be waiting your arrival.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:15 PM
jongurley
My Feedback: (29)

Yehhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-28-2004, 10:15 PM
FlyerBry
My Feedback: (8)

Sounds great. Then at the end of each month we can tally how many crashes occur from everyone trying to keep up with Mike!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:16 PM
Lee Belew
My Feedback: (2)

I also want to cast my vote YES. I think this would be a good thing.

Lee
Old 05-25-2004, 08:29 PM
Scooterpilot
My Feedback: (5)

Great Idea. Hope he will do it!

Regards,

Chuck
Old 05-25-2004, 09:37 PM
John Wells
My Feedback: (10)

This question needs a poll......and set it up so there's only one answer available......YES!

Sounds great to me!
Old 05-25-2004, 11:07 PM
Bruce Rolfe
My Feedback: (37)

Sounds great. But why stop with Mike. Why not have Mike do a manuver one month, next month Chip and so on. Why not have a different move performed by a different pilot each month. That way you learn different flying techniques from different people. Just a thought.
I still like the idea of Mike doing this also.
Bruce
Old 05-26-2004, 12:08 AM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Of course! Sounds like a great idea!

3D-kid330
Old 05-26-2004, 07:44 AM
Luke 3D returns

a good idea!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:06 AM
FlyHard

Great Idea !!! Wonder if Mike thinks it's as good :-)
Old 05-26-2004, 09:11 AM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

I would like to be the first to say NO to this idea...but I have to say YES, it's a good idea.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:07 PM
3D ONdaEDGE

Why not have a number of pilots tell how they do each manuver. I mean like 5 different pilot give their description of all the manuvers.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:44 PM
wyflyer
My Feedback: (7)

Sounds great to me!
Old 05-26-2004, 09:48 PM
krayzc-RCU
My Feedback: (31)

jongurley
what can mike show u that u don't already know