Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Fantana Box Size and where to buy

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Fantana Box Size and where to buy

Old 05-27-2004, 05:14 AM
Gyri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fantana Box Size and where to buy

Seems like a lot of guys picked up this plane (H9 Funtana 40). Can someone give me the overall box dimensions (L x B x H)?0 Also which is the best place to pick this one up?
Thanks.
Old 05-27-2004, 12:08 PM
Funtana_Cody
Banned

Default RE: Fantana Box Size and where to buy

I'd say its pretty big because the wing comes in one piece. I haven't measured mine but I'd say its about 5'x2'6"x8" Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 05-28-2004, 02:44 AM
Spacey

Yes the wing span 56" which determines the box lenght. Cody you're about right.

Gyri check if you can't find one closer to. I don't know because i'm too lazy too find a world map now but you could maybe try UK before you try the US. I'm too stupid at Geography to figure where abouts you are. I know one thing for sure. If you don't buy 10 of them and sell the other 9 you going to spend loads of money on over seas shipping. Can't you get one locally?
Old 05-28-2004, 05:03 AM
Gyri

Thanks for the reply. I am not planning on shipping it down to India, might just sucker someone in San Ramon, San Francisco to pick it up. I didn't want them to break the box in 2 pieces when they get it there.
Know any good on line store that gives a good deal and deals well?
Old 05-28-2004, 10:22 AM
japan3d

ORIGINAL: Spacey

Yes the wing span 56" which determines the box lenght. Cody you're about right.

Gyri check if you can't find one closer to. I don't know because i'm too lazy too find a world map now but you could maybe try UK before you try the US. I'm too stupid at Geography to figure where abouts you are. I know one thing for sure. If you don't buy 10 of them and sell the other 9 you going to spend loads of money on over seas shipping. Can't you get one locally?

Isn't that the truth. You can fly round trip cheaper then getting a box shipped.
Old 05-28-2004, 10:48 AM
flyfree69

good plane;;; the box measure's 5 foot long, 18 3/4 inchs wide and 6 1/2 inchs deep, the plane is shipped in another cardboard box slightly bigger[8D] www.hobbyhaven.com has one setting on the shelf, 169.00
Old 05-28-2004, 11:41 PM
Gyri

That's a big box to carry through a transatlantic flight!!!. Heard it's a good plane though.
Thanks for the info. I found out an online store www.DiscountHobbies4U.com which sells it at $159.00. Anybody with any experience with them?
Old 07-16-2004, 11:36 AM
TomKite

Discounthobbies4u? Great guys, hahaha, jk thats me... I can get you the plane, shoot me an email of of the website and I'll give you a custom quote on shipping.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:22 PM
Gyri

Hey Tomkite thanks, I had someone bring this for me to India, arrived damaged. There were too many transits on the way and as a result got a punctured fuse (longerons and side sheeting damaged) broken wing spar and wing sheeting. I have got to mend by broken heart first and start doing the repairs. Wish I had asked for a kit instead.