Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Weston Groove or Capiche 50?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Weston Groove or Capiche 50?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 06:08 PM
cabanestrut2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Weston Groove or Capiche 50?

the pitch yaw roll coupling was so bad it needed sticks in the corners to knife edge which was impossible to mix out.

same as the mini jazz then. knife edge was horrendous, sticks in corners and flicking all over the place
Old 06-02-2004, 02:18 AM
The boys Back

Yup
Old 06-02-2004, 02:25 AM
simon Ka

Phil....you want to call Westons I hear they're might be a job going there. Problem with all those thin lines is they fall off, still you could buy one then do your own thing.....make it look real cool, a bit like your Capiche!.

Your undercarriage idea looks like a cluster!@*$
Old 06-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Ian.W

mm, i like it, tho the orange need to be red, but i think the sweped UC is brilliant! swap the orange for red and itll be great, i think too muchcovering will make it heavyer, tho i doubt if phills line will add much, if they dont go for it, will make it look nicer.

electric? sounds good to me, mid sized AXI and say a 3s3p lipo? i dont have a clue about this, im just guessing
Old 06-02-2004, 09:53 AM
Luke 3D returns

think edibles got the right idea!? Red does it for me too-better than orange.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:51 AM
Cactus.
My Feedback: (1)

i thought it was red... bad light thats all.

thin lines might be just enough to keep the rest on that yellow bit on the Tigershark didn't last long

don't like swept back UC, looks wrong, esp on a funfly.
umm i wouldn't mind the job, but it's a bit of a long drive, my car dumped half the engine oil in the carb last time i made that trip, plus fuels a bit pricy now.. [&:]

would i buy one over a Cougar... umm i suspect the Mini Hype can do more, but the Cougar looks to have more of the chuck me about and abuse me simple funfly style. I've had a Cougar longer than anyone else, would take a lot to make me get something else.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:01 PM
cabanestrut2002

I've had a Cougar longer than anyone else
yes yes we all know already
Old 06-02-2004, 12:01 PM
Shahid

I'd say, pay me to sort out your Cougar for you and get a Mini Hype, whenever I crash no matter how good the last plane was I avoid buying it more than twice because I like to try lots of aircraft.

Give it a go Phil.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:16 PM
Cactus.

you don't own a Cougar do you Shahid?
nowt wrong with my Cougar, umm if you squint. Cartmans on the other hand.. how old is it Carters?

and if your coming up the field tonight remember my engine
Old 01-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Gremlyng

Lads, I've been reading the posts on this particular forum and I reckon that Weston have made the undercart on the Hype mini swept back to help with the strength side of things - the orig. Hype has/had terrible problems with the undercart ripping out and wrecking the former etc... I have had a STD Hype and thought it was great until it fell appart in the air [&:] may I add it had the recommended Eurotech .50 installed! and was on less than half power flying in a straight line! not good![:@] The tail plane folded up along side the fuse and came at me like a bloody missile!! A mate who also had a Hype decided after seeing what happened to mine to add some alu. strenghtners to the tail plane, he had some great fun with it but broke the undercart former about three times - all on quite soft landings[>:]

Weston in all fairness were quite understanding and swapped my trashed fuse and the earth covered engine and pipe for a Cougar 2000 and the .36 Eurotech (with pipe) which is totally the bollox! if you want a plane to do most 3D stuff - Forget the look who cares! it wouldn't matter if it were covered in a Pininfarina design it would still look bloody awefull! as with the Magic and the Limbo dancer. If you want a plane that will perform and look like a real plane and perform 3D I thing you'll find it very hard to do so, especially at this price range! you can even get the plane put together and transport it like that in most Family hatchbacks! I managed to get mine in my old Volvo 440 with the seats up all be it balanced across the back of the rear seats but hey! what more can you ask from a fun fly?

So maybe we should all take this plane for what it is - Hassle free fairley cheap awesome fun!!! and if you trash it make another one they are not hard to copy. You'll have all the templates you'll need even from a smashed plane.

Does anyone know when the Hype Mini is being released? I saw it at Sandown & it looked really nice, it felt alot more together and felt less likely to break in your hands as on the orig. Hype. I asked at the show about release dates and when they would be available to buy and was told around August last year? I've not been on the scene really and haven't called them so I'm totally in the dark Help
Old 01-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Cactus.

the Mini Hypes UC is all to do with looks, nothing else, tho it's not my taste. don't like the sweep, and it's too close to the ground..

the tail on the old Hypes was a problem which is why you can now buy the Hype original ( original as it was meant to be ) for an entire production to go t*t$ up it seems Weston have done their best to keep the rekit owners happy.