Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

New home for West 50t1 ??

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

New home for West 50t1 ??

Old 07-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Hercmate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New home for West 50t1 ??

The West is sitting idle and needs something to go in. I want something thats light, easy to rig and transport as a weekend flyer and something that will be lots of fun to fly. I thinking along the lines of a profile (i'm coming to the States next month so can pick up easily). Got a Capiche 50 already and had two Hypes so not interested in those. Otherwise feel free to suggest!
Old 07-07-2004, 05:31 AM
simon Ka

Default RE: New home for West 50t1 ??

Groove Freestyle should be landing very soon
Old 07-07-2004, 06:41 AM
Spacey

The West should be ballistic in a normal 40 sized profile. Why don't you organise with OMP for the 47" Yak? Builds quick and from what I've heard performs awesome. The katana or the edge will also fit the bill very nicely. You probably know the deal by now. Edge for stability. Katana for one step up and of course the Yak is the wild one. Obviously all of em are full 3D capable planes.
Old 07-07-2004, 03:15 PM
alun

Have you seen the funky 40 from www.camodel.com.ar
its not a profile but looks like it could be a lot of fun to fly
there is a video of it on the site have a look and see what you think
the kit retails for about $99.00 in the states from www.aero-works.net
if you don't mind building
just a suggestion
Old 07-08-2004, 01:35 AM
Hercmate

Thanks guys. How would you put the OMP Yak against the EF Edge?
Old 07-08-2004, 01:47 AM
Spacey

Well it is difficult for me to give you a solid answer but from the videos I have seen the yak looks like it will fly with the best. Obviously the top loved profiles alot of the Bros fly are the best. You'll get a good idea what is loved the most if you visit the profile brotherhood forum. Nice thing about the EF is obviously that it is an awesome ARF. I have not personally owned one but there is alot of them flying out there and everyone seems very happy with em. I do not like arfs as I've had my fare share of covering coming loose and having a really hard time fixing them when you have a small crash. If it's arf you want do not throw out the Katana OMP is selling. Obviously I would much rather take Matt's desighned kit from OMP but seems the ARF is also not bad. Sounding like it compares to a regular china models arf or something in that class. Not Vmarr or phoenix though. But ya through it all. If I had all my choices all over again I would still buy the little Yak again. Then I would work my down the list to the katana, edge, burrito, sledge from Morris.....there is just so many.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Ian.W

Herc, saw my first profile flying on wed. awesome is my word for it. it was a lanier pro twister, net heard of it too much on this forum but the Irvine 46 took it vertical frightenly fast. they look great fun, buy one and let us know how she goes
Old 07-08-2004, 03:40 PM
Hercmate

Thanks Spacey, I've pretty much made up my mind I'll go for a Profile now. I will decide soon exactly which but looking like first choice will be the EF Edge, then the OMP Katana Kit. I think with a West 50 it will be supurb!

I'll also look at the Probro website too. Cheers!

Edy, I'll let you know end of August when i get back from the US!