Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Brisson v. FPE v. Fugi for GP Patty

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Brisson v. FPE v. Fugi for GP Patty

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Doolittleraider
My Feedback: (72)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brisson v. FPE v. Fugi for GP Patty

I'm looking for a gas engine for my gp patty which is most reliable, easy to start, and decrease time tunning/breaking in.
All input greatly appreciated.
Old 07-11-2004, 09:11 PM
ronk1
My Feedback: (25)

Default RE: Brisson v. FPE v. Fugi for GP Patty

If you are looking for 3D power the FPE or Brison 3.2 works great. The Fugi is too heavy and does not have electronic ignition unless you can find there new model but its still heavy. There are two at or field with FPE's that fly and start very good. The main difference between a Brison and FPE is the ignition. Brison's are throttle coupled advance,FPE's are CH Syncro-Spark. You can use a 2.4 but it does not have the power for some 3D maneuvers. My choice would be a FPE 3.2 and it balances the airplane with no or little added weight.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:04 AM
RCAirWorks
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Brisson v. FPE v. Fugi for GP Patty

I have a DA-50 on mine and should be more than enough for any 3D I want. I say should be because I still haven't maidened it. I am just finishing it up and still need a wrap-around pitts muffler for it then it will be off to the field. I will let you know how it goes and my thoughts on the engine if I get to it within the next few weeks.