Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

UCD antenna placement?

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

UCD antenna placement?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 05:02 AM
bri neasham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UCD antenna placement?

Hi all

Have just completed my new U-Can-Do 60 and have the Rx antenna running along the outside bottom of the fuselage from the wing trailing edge and secured to the tail wheel leg with a rubber band. It then occured to me that as it is running parallel to the servo extension leads and past the 3 servos in the tail, it may be more prone to glitchs.

Has anyone experienced any problem with routing the antenna in this way? BTW i'am using a Futaba PCM RX.

Regards

Brian
Old 09-23-2004, 08:18 AM
aviti
My Feedback: (54)

Default RE: UCD antenna placement?

I did the same set-up with mine only with a JR PCM receiver. I was a little concerned as well but didn't get any glitches.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:05 PM
vypr
My Feedback: (6)

Ive had my antenna running parralell to my rear servo leades forever in several different configurations. I had it runing front to back inside my fuse next to my leads. Had it running back to front inside when the RX was in the tail (interesting setup, never had to run aileron leads through 3 feet of fuse before) and then on the outside piggyback on top of the turtledeck.

All configurations worked perfectly.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:09 PM
bri neasham

Thanks for the replies, guess i will just leave it where it is!

Regards

Brian
Old 09-23-2004, 06:03 PM
Flightwatch
My Feedback: (2)

I had glitches with the antenna on outside bottom of fuselage. Moved antenna to top of fuselage and tie-wrapped servo wires to inside bottom by opening access hole in moneycote. Problem solved. Could be my servos, HS-605BB's at that time, or could be my frequency: channel 03, 50 MHz. We, on 50 MHz, get lower range check than folks on 72 MHz.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:47 PM
MikeEast
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All my planes have Futaba R149DP PCM rxs in them. I run goldenrod inside the fuselage along one side and thread the wire in... Never had a glitch..
Old 09-27-2004, 12:00 AM
UP Down Flyer
My Feedback: (3)

I am using a Dean's base loaded antenna,it is run straight up right behind the canopy , JR 700 rx. Have been flying it for a year with no glitching. Butch.