Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

YS 61R Tunning information

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

YS 61R Tunning information

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2002, 09:42 PM
good38
My Feedback: (45)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YS 61R Tunning information

I have YS 61R , Macs header and HATORY tunned pipe.
I need tuning information.
Anybody knows Header length?
Old 09-19-2002, 02:15 AM
PatternFlyer
My Feedback: (182)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try this link. Macs Products has basic setup information on tuning 2-stroke engines.

http://www.macspro.com/tuning.asp

I looked up my inbox archive for Pattern and NSRCA for the last 4 years. Nobody actually mentioned the length. I have about three or four postings related to the YS60FR. Only similar size is OS Hanno (61RF-P) with Hatori pipe at 17.5"

Which version of YS 61 is it? short stroke? Long stroke? It looks like you are talking about short stroke. If you E-mail me directly, I will forward you the contents of the postings of YS 60FRs (If this can be help) Let me know.

[email protected]
Old 09-19-2002, 02:53 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First, your pipe length will be determined by fuel, prop, and plug. If you change any of these, you can expect to lose some, or all of the pipe effect depending on how radical the change. I started at 17" from the glow plug to the first baffle on the Hatori pipe on the 61 with 10% fuel and an 11X10 prop and moved it from there. With a 12X10, I started at 18".

Second, all YS 61's are long stroke. The 60 was a short stroke.

John