Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

A BIG THANK YOU!!! to Quique

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

A BIG THANK YOU!!! to Quique

Old 03-26-2005, 04:48 PM
xtraflyr
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A BIG THANK YOU!!! to Quique

Hey Everybody,

I think we should give a standing ovation to Quique Somenzini!!! Without him this forum would'nt be happening!!!
After all he was the one that invented 3D flying to the RC community!!!

So here's to you Quique Somenzini!!! [sm=thumbup.gif]THANK YOU for making this one of the biggest thing to hit the Aerobatic community!!!
LATER,
Frank
aka Xtraflyr
Old 03-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Max1
My Feedback: (14)

Default RE: A BIG THANK YOU!!! to Quique

Yes Quique Somenzini!!! Thank You........Max[8D]
Old 03-26-2005, 09:03 PM
xtraflyr

Anybody else,Anybody? Bueller,Bueller??

WOW!!! [X(] All these 3D guys and nobody wants to thank the man that invented whats so hot in Aerobatics these days!!![:@]
Later
Old 03-26-2005, 10:02 PM
3D-kid330
My Feedback: (1)

Go Quique![8D]
Old 03-26-2005, 10:04 PM
JoeAirPort
My Feedback: (41)

Yeah I think I read an artical where he basically says he started 3D. That's quite a statement. I don't know the history so I can't confirm that but he is an awesome flyer.
Old 03-26-2005, 10:07 PM
flyinazn10

thanks Quique, you the man! good luck at e-toc!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:38 PM
Apples

Hey All,

As you associate Somenzini as the germinating seed for 3D (High Alpha maneuvers), don't forget to acknowledge his many years refining his skills for precision aerobatics. There is no 3Der of any renown who does not know how to place his plane at a spot in the sky, whenever he wants and, however he wants, not a second sooner or later. And, that, I'm coming to discover, t-a-k-e-s goals and infinite practice to achieve those goals.

Secondly, if you have purchased his 72" Yak and, have had an opportunity to contact the company for support, you also have to acknowledge that his customer service is exemplary. And, lest I forget, if you have ever communicated with Quique himself, you too will have to acknowledge that the man is honest, respectful, humble and desirous to do almost anything to see that you are happy with your plane.

Thank you Quique for being who you are, because you understand who you ought to be.
Old 03-27-2005, 06:35 PM
aerofundan

Thanks Quique! [8D]
Old 03-27-2005, 06:56 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

I'd like to thank the dinosaurs for inventing fossil fuels... without it my giant scale aerobats would still have mice running on wheels!!!

I'd also like to thank the chemists for inventing Ultracote. Great stuff.

Oh, and I'd like to thank the balsa tree for being such a weak frail tree. Without its pantywaist trunk RC flying may never have started.
Old 03-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Vic3D
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: sillyness

I'd like to thank the dinosaurs for inventing fossil fuels... without it my giant scale aerobats would still have mice running on wheels!!!

Oh, and I'd like to thank the balsa tree for being such a weak frail tree. Without its pantywaist trunk RC flying may never have started.
I wanna thank your mom for only having one of you
Old 03-27-2005, 11:17 PM
prodigyflyer
My Feedback: (5)

Vic3D thats an awesome comeback
Old 03-28-2005, 01:42 AM
Fly-guy

ORIGINAL: Vic3D

That is a classic, but seriously ouch man
Old 03-28-2005, 02:00 AM
autoguns

some people never learn...your first post sense you got slammed for being rude to other members and your right back at it .....we'll be watching [8D]...JW

Old 03-28-2005, 02:19 AM
Fly-guy

ORIGINAL: autoguns

some people never learn...your first post sense you got slammed for being rude to other members and your right back at it .....we'll be watching [8D]...JW

At leats he got what was coming to him
Old 03-28-2005, 10:10 AM
TailTwister

I'm convinced Quique isn't human. He is from a race that has mental control of gravity, and can also adjust the density of air. No man has the right to be so talented with the sticks. Beyond the skills of precision and 3D, Quique is also quite a showman. He is great to watch fly, and can make artwork out of av-gas.

My first sights of him flying were on a tape of the 1999 TOC doing his routine to "Don't Cry For Me Argintina". Absolute ballet, and it showed me that what I thought was 3D was just unevolved stick bangin'. I've gained a lot of smoothness with those images in my head. OK, I still pretty much suck, but I'm trying...

I've never spoken to Quique, but he is one person I'd travel to meet. Maybe I'll hit Triple Tree one time.

He is truly a "Master of His Craft".

Thanks also the Vic3D. Very well done...[8D]
Old 03-28-2005, 11:45 AM
sillyness

quote:

Yeah man.. great comeback... mom jokes are just coming into fashion these days!!! You must be the Fonz of Puerto Rico!!!

Actually she had two of us, and I'm the good one. You should meet my evil twin.[X(]

I've decided you are all right. I've erected a bronze statue of my new god Quique in my back yard. You should see the sun glinting off it in the early morning... oh... takes my breath away. As a special deal for my friends, I'll only charge all you folks $5 for admission if you want to come up and pay your homage. I'll even let you rub his nose for an extra $2. Rubbing other areas will cost you extra, and you can't do it in front of the kids.

Quique, if you actually read this stuff, I apologize. The post was just too darned deserving to pass up!!! You are indeed the bomb, I just wasn't going to swoon you in public... kinda seems a little... (use imagination here).

(EDITED to be easier on the thin skinned... we must remember our audience now!!!)
Old 03-28-2005, 12:01 PM
sillyness

Before you all get in huff, the overarching ideas of this site are education and entertainment... my previous post was not a direct stab at anyone... it was meant solely for entertainment purposes... so don't be offended my children... I am one of you!!!

So, Vic3D... kudos.

Cheers, and BURN SOME GAS!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Vic3D
My Feedback: (19)

No hard feelings, just playing with y'all, but theres people like Autoguns that enjoy provoking people, but I learned my lesson last time. This time I'm ignoring his comments. What do you mean you'll be watching me? You think ur God, my mom, or a moderator?
Old 03-28-2005, 01:37 PM
bubbagates
My Feedback: (32)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I for one would also like to thank Quique for all of his contributions to the hobby/sport.

That being said. I would like to remind everyone to please keep this thread on track.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM
DKjens
My Feedback: (50)

I would like to thank sillyness for putting a big grin on my face. And I would like to thank the people responding negatively to sillyness' post, for putting another big grin on my face. I have been looking for a god to worship, because I am a true believer in: "The more you know, the less you know", maybe QQ is who I've been looking for.
DKjens
Old 03-28-2005, 06:57 PM
sillyness

Coolio Bros!

I still can't figure out what autoguns was trying to say or who he was talking about... his post made no sense!!!

Vic... where are you in Puerto Rico? I've been to Roosevelt Roads and San Juan a great number of times. Beautiful island you have there... especially when all the Miss Universe contestants were living in my hotel!!! What a trip that was!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 07:01 PM
AcroJo

Yeah, I've been wandering around aimlessly myself, looking for the perfect idol that I would be willing to devote the remaining seconds of each day to. Or perhaps in meditation.......Quique, Quique, Quique. I've found a new mantra. Joe
Old 03-28-2005, 08:59 PM
xtraflyr

Not my idol,you guys would'nt be talking about 3D if he didnt invent it..

later
Old 03-28-2005, 11:18 PM
J-To-Low

Guys we all know that some guy with a very large Mustang Started 3D so yeah[sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

( T H I S I S A J O K E )

J
Old 03-29-2005, 10:28 AM
Aero Graphix
My Feedback: (2)

It's amazing how we idolize Football players, Baseball players, Basketball players and now guys who fly RC planes. I find it rather irritating that people think this man has done a great deed for this country. You people have lost your mind, he just fly's a model plane. Those that live in this country should remember the sacrifice's that everyone in uniform (Past and Present) have made for you! He should be thankful that he is even in this country and that he has the freedom to fly like he does!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.