Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

My very first very special pitts (CERMARK)

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

My very first very special pitts (CERMARK)

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2006, 06:01 PM
FRANKIEKNUCKLES

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My very first very special pitts (CERMARK)

building a cermark pitts Any advice on this arf would be greatly appreciated.putting a os 160 2 stroke is that 2 much?also wondering about the pullpull set up(want to beef it up)any other input would really help thanks
Old 03-22-2006, 04:40 PM
ospreyhawk
My Feedback: (92)

Default RE: My very first very special pitts (CERMARK)

Hey, I've owned a Cermark Pitts since it First came out. I have had an OS-120 four stroke, A YS-120 in the past. Both provided great scale power, but not unlimited. I am presently recovering and painting and plan to use an RCS-140 gas engine this time. It is a great flying airplane! I don't have any experience with the OS 160, but it seems like a lot of power for this plane.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:56 AM
pittsman
My Feedback: (2)

frankie,
have also been flying the cermark pitts since they came out. both of mine are powered with the YS 120FZ's. only advice i can give as far as the pull/pull is to build a tray at the bottom of the fuse just behind where the wing bolts go in and keep it as low to the bottom of the fuse as possible.also, try to keep the tray as light as possible, but strong enough to handle the torque of a good servo. this will give you plenty of clearance as far as the cables clearing the elevator servos. to get the cable as far out the back of the fuse as i needed them, i crossed the cables in an X config.
and for the O.S. 160 in one of these, you wont be disappointed. i have flown a good friends pitts with this setup and it has plenty of power!!!!!!!
i just like the bark of the 4-stroke with a straight pipe.
THIS PLANE KNIFE EDGES LIKE A DREAM........
hope this was some help to you in your project
eric
Old 03-25-2006, 04:09 AM
FRANKIEKNUCKLES

Hey thanks alot eric.Did you use only one servo and if so what kind?
Old 03-25-2006, 09:22 PM
pittsman
My Feedback: (2)

frankie,
forgot to mention that in earlier post.
on the first pitts: aileron servos (4) hitec 225mg's
elevator " (2) futaba 9202's
rudder " hitec 645mg
throttle " futaba mini ?

on the second pitts: all the same except for (2) hitec 645mg on the elevators

here is a picture of one on approach, very stable for a biplane.!!!!

http://www.mprcf.com/mafsc/2004galle..._2004_036.html

hope this was some help

eric
Old 03-25-2006, 09:32 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

I would stay away from the RCS 140. I tried one in my Katana 140 and the motor never ran right. RC Showcase wouldn't do anything to support the motor. Ended up switching to an MVVS 1.6, much better motor and would be a good choice for the Pitts. I am flying mine with a G-26, nice sport flyer. Handles well and is very reliable. The blue and white color scheme is different that all of the other red Pitts.

Good Luck

R/C Foolish
Old 07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
V2PLUS10

How did the Cermark Pitts turn out?? I'm thinking of buying one, and would use a Saito 180 four stroke for power...that may be a bit much but we are at 2800' here....Any comments would be appreciated!!

Randy
Old 07-10-2006, 01:01 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

Unfortunately, my Pitts went in a while back due to a dead stick too low and in the wrong spot. I would stay away from the G-26 if I was going to do it again. The Saito 180 should be ok, or go to the 220.

R/C Foolish
Old 07-10-2006, 08:05 PM
airborneSGT
My Feedback: (15)

I had one for a little while with a OS 1.60. I should have put a pump on it! I got about 3 maybe 4 flights and then the 1.60 quit on me and that Pitts sank like a rock!! I was running HS 625's I think in the ailerons, 5945 on the elevator 5925 on the rudder and a mini servo on the throttle. It flew very nicely on the 1.60 and like I said if it had a pump then I am sure it would have been fine.

I sold the thing after it dead sticked I have since been flying my 29% Ultimate for a bipe which will be replaced by the 38% Christen eagle.

I would do one again with the 1.60 or def. the Saito 220 for awesome expensive power! Just put a pump on it. It was surely a nice looking plane and I even bought a new cowl for it.