Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:38 PM
whaturi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

a mini ultra stick is by no means a 3d trainer. maybe an aileron trainer. i would go with a profile or foamy. not a mini ultra stick for 3d.
Old 01-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Ernie Misner

With the G2 sim, you can make the planes fly real light on the wing and airy by making the plane really large! This retains the weight of the small plane and some 3D stuff can be done until you get a newer sim. Also putting the G2 into a bit of a slow motion mode as well as using the zoom feature that keeps the plane from getting so small seems to help a lot.

Ernie
Old 01-06-2007, 09:02 PM
rc302

Default RE: New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

well iam new to this 3d flying and i bought the funtanaX mini not new to flying been flying for 10 years now i have a ?? about the hover how do you get the plane to hover it wants to stall now i have the e-flite 480 40amp esc DX-6 radio 12x6 2100 tp prop but wont hover any help please and this forum is great thinks for the help for us newbes
Old 01-07-2007, 11:09 PM
whaturi

go verticle. start to lower the throttle until the plane is not going up or down, and correct as needed. while doing this, also use elevator, rudder and ailerons to keep the plane pointed straight up.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:52 AM
Rod Bender

Awesome thread guys,

After learning to fly back in the late 70's I quit flying around 90 something. I just started flying again this past year, and am beginning to learn 3D stuff. I have a Funtana 90 with a YS110. I have a lot to learn, but I'm confident I can learn these things over this upcoming spring. Thanks to all that have contributed input, for someone thats just getting into this, or wanting to progress to something more challanging than buzzing the runway at mach3, its awesome 411...... Greg
Old 01-11-2007, 12:41 PM
Ernie Misner

Greg, you are in your 90's and flying 3D???? Awsome!

Ernie
Old 01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
Rod Bender

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

Greg, you are in your 90's and flying 3D???? Awsome!

Ernie
Good one,

Uh, that would be I quit back in the 1990's, I'm only 40 something now, have a couple more somethings left!!!! Back in the 80's-90's we just did "out-law flying". Meaning we flew any damn place we could throw a plane in. Clubs were far and few between. Fast n wild was the norm, actually still is, but I'm trying to form some sort of style to my fast n furious ways and learn some real aerobatic manuevers. I hope I'm flying when I'm 90, I ought to be awesome by then......

Greg
Old 01-11-2007, 06:38 PM
diamondave
My Feedback: (29)

just keep it close, i see the "elders" have trouble when they get too far for their eyesight, or just keep getting bigger planes
Old 01-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Rod Bender

Ya, I hear ya,

We just lost our oldest member a few months ago. CB was 83yrs young, and flew right up until his passing. Granted, he could only fly about 150yds, then handed the TX over to someone as he could not see the plane anymore. But, that 150yds kept him coming out around once a week, it was a pleasure to meet him. His AMA # was 4 digits !!!!! Greg
Old 01-12-2007, 12:12 PM
diamondave

thats awesome, i like to see the older guys still fly, alot in my club just come out for a social gathering and dont fly, just tell fasinating stories, but i cant blame them, its something for them to do, gets them out of the house, we have a few that just build, they dont fly anymore, but they build spectacular, i look forward to some hand me downs in the future, i will fly as long as i can...i must say i do like to see younger guys come out as well, thats the future of our club, had to throw that out there
Old 01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
Rod Bender

Your right Dave,

They are the future of our and every club today. Some of the older members are intimidated by the "young guns" as they cannot fly as well anymore, but most are passive and keep it in check, and keep it what its supposed to be....FUN!!!

We have the same thing at our club, some old, some young, some good, a few excellent, and a lot of guys learning, or have the will to learn. We have some that just build as you said Dave, and there house if full of beautiful planes, but they will never leave the showroom.

Anytime you go the field you never know who's going to be there, but you can always be assured of a great conversation of new stuff, or old stories from the past. Like you said, for some at this age its just getting out of the house once a week to go hang out with the guys. Here is a pic of CB I took this past summer at one of our clubs fun fly's..... Greg

I was conversing with some members of our club earlier this week, and CB was NOT 83, he was 93yrs young. I stand corrected...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64030.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	596524  
Old 01-12-2007, 11:46 PM
rc302

sorry about your friend iam 36 my father in law started me flying back in 1992 ive been flying off and on sense hes 60 and more like my father then father in law but i know what you mean when newbes come to are field and want to learn how to fly allways some butt head that want to kick them out or ask for there card instead of trying to help them get started the people that ask ?? my be the next flying champ so when the younger aragnarnt kid comes along try to help we where all him once you never know you might make a new friend and help a great pilot get started
Old 01-13-2007, 01:58 PM
shakes268

Things are getting a little better with my rolling harriers I think. Amazing that I started practicing them on the sim a year ago before I had ever flown any type of 3D plane for real. Still need some work on regular harriers though.

[link=http://www.jarrodmarshall.com/videos/jm102web.wmv]Shakes' Yak[/link]

I still do everything high...I don't want to practice stuff low with a 100cc yet hehe.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Rod Bender

Looks good Shakes,

Rolling circles are a mastered favorite. It takes a lot of hand stick control throughout the entire transition. Something that I will be attempting this spring. I didn't get my sim for christmas, somehow santa found out something, and well, it was a new set of boxers for me. He must have informants everywhere!!!!!!

Greg
Old 01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
rc302

hey i need help please i have a funtanaX mini 480 E-Flite 2100 TP 40 amp esc i cant get it to hover it will go vert for awhile then fall out now on the sim i can hover OK not great but ok now i think its the way i have the plane sit up when Im inverted i dont have to give it any down stick so i think i have the CG right dont know can someone please send me something on how to sit up a 3D plane thanks very much ive flow for a long time but never 3D i have the plane nutral with just a littel pitch of down now on my war birds i give them a littel more nose heavey but i don't crap about 3D flying thanks for any help
Old 01-14-2007, 12:31 PM
patzane

rc 302 do you have enough throw in the elev and rudder
Old 01-14-2007, 06:03 PM
rc302

no there at the least amount tell i got use to them should i put them at the max now ive flow the plane about 30 times
Old 01-14-2007, 06:50 PM
diamondave

i would and use expo, it really helps out imo, then you can have alot of throw but still control it better with minimul stick movement, it wont get out of hand as quick, also try and set up a dual rate switch if you havent yet, then you can lower them when you want to, take offs and landings, etc..
Old 01-14-2007, 07:09 PM
patzane

I agree with dimondave
Old 01-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Futaba Owner

Maybe somebody could help me out here. I'm not quite sure how to do a harrier in a lot of wind. I can harrier in little wind but when it kicks up I have a really hard time. The plane tends to want to pich up into a hover. I'm not quite sure how to maintain the harrier. Any help would be great.
Old 01-17-2007, 07:05 PM
diamondave

i'm guessing in the wind maybe you need to keep the angle a bit shallower so the wind doesnt get under it as much, maybe? or keep the rpm up and go a bit quicker
Old 01-23-2007, 08:54 PM
diamondave

i just figured something out to help with praticing my rolls, both straight lines and rolling circles, mainly the latter cause i can kinda do straight line rolls already, but with the sim, i just moved the aileron trim tab all the way over, even back a bit is good, it elimates trying to correct my roll rate, it rolls nice a slow, but not to slow, anyway, call it cheating if you want, but within 5 minutes of trying, i was progressing way further than i have to date, i wouldnt do it in real life, but to just start out and pratice on the sim, it works, try it, and that little red "reset" button is nice on the sim, but you still can correct with either opposite aileron or go full in the same direction to roll out faster, may be nothing to you guys, but i am pretty proud of myself right now
Old 01-24-2007, 08:13 PM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

Wich simulator are you guy's using? Sorry if this quetion has already been answered, but I have not been through all 10 pages yet (not exactly a speed reader ) and I am in the market to upgrade from my RealFlight G2 and I don't plan on getting the G3 because by the time I get it in the mail they will have come out with G10 already, not a very cool marketing technique IMO.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:50 PM
diamondave

i use the g3, and i did the free online upgrade to the 3.5, personally i didnt think the upgrade was worth it, g3 was good to me
Old 01-25-2007, 12:25 AM
paulsen
My Feedback: (2)

I don't mean to knock Greatplanes Realflight (even though I already did [:@] )I love my G2 and they probably had to change too many thing's on the software platform to make V3 and V3.5 able to upgrade online for G2 user's. My buddy at the LHS let's me fly on his G3.5 and, it is awesome. I was more curious about other brand's like Reflex, Aerofly, or any others that they might have used to demonstrate the 3D manuvers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.