Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
 New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers >

New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

Old 08-31-2006, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

Cool advise Dave, thanks. Let us know how you like the V2 Kat. My friend loves the origional Kats and still buys them from ebay.

Ernie
Old 08-31-2006, 09:47 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just added a new Snap Roll video on page one. It has some closeup slow motion video so that you can see the inputs pretty clearly. I captured this video at a higher resolution so it is a little clearer than the others. Its also a different aspect ratio whuch seemed to help. See what you think!?

Also, before i get hammered, I really did not technically enter the inverted negative snap correctly on the slow motion view. I accidentally lead with the ailerons just a split second before elevator and rudder. None the less, for beginners purposes it was simultaneous and the plane did exhibit a negative snap condition so it gets the point across. It was a lot of work to get the video done and I didnt catch it until after I had posted the video
Old 09-01-2006, 09:04 AM

I'm so enjoying this thread Mike. There will be a religion named after you soon! Slightly different tack. would you have a gander at the thread link below and perhaps offer your opinion.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45...tm.htm#4696852

Thanks once again, I fly alone (not from choice - just lucky!) and really appreciate the great support you are giving us all here.

Chris
Old 09-01-2006, 10:57 AM

Thanks Chris for the kind words.

I am really just an average pilot. Bill got this started and since there were few replies I thought I would just share what I know. I know how to do all of the maneuvers and I can do them, I just hope someday I can get to where I can really do them well, thats the key.
Main thing is, when I started learning 3D I had to figure it out on my own and most of what I got I got from watching HUNDREDS of videos from other folks.

I hope we can get a compilation of information in 1 sopt here so that folks can get started on the right foot and reduce the learning curve at least a little.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: Chrispeace

would you have a gander at the thread link below and perhaps offer your opinion?

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_45...tm.htm#4696852

Chris
I read the thread and although I consider myself a pilot with just enough aerodynamic compotence to get by, the solution looks valid to me. I would think that sharpening the leading edge near the root but leaving it a little more blunt at the tips would help to reduce tipstalling but help overall stall characteristics and make it handle more predictably. But thats just my perception. I really don't know for sure. Apparently its working well, and to me their solution makes sense. There are some guys like darock or aerodave or aerobob that may be able to give you an actual compotent opinion on it [8D]
Old 09-01-2006, 11:52 AM
My Feedback: (32)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: MikeEast

I hope we can get a compilation of information in 1 sopt here so that folks can get started on the right foot and reduce the learning curve at least a little.

Mike,

If you remember a bit ago I said I would compile everything into PDF files as soon as I was done with the IMAC stuff for Dean Bird. Well, we completed that the other day so sometime after Labor Day I'll be starting to compile everything in here
Old 09-01-2006, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: bubbagates

I hope we can get a compilation of information in 1 spot here so that folks can get started on the right foot and reduce the learning curve at least a little.

Mike,

If you remember a bit ago I said I would compile everything into PDF files as soon as I was done with the IMAC stuff for Dean Bird. Well, we completed that the other day so sometime after Labor Day I'll be starting to compile everything in here
no, no, no. I think you misunderstood. I was not being critical, but complimenting your idea to start this endeavour. I was trying to say that you have already initiated a compilation here in this thread that is a continuing work in progress[8D]... but that I hope that the guys can find it useful and reduce the time that it takes for folks to learn how to execute the maneuvers.

I was not even thinking about compiling it into another format, just commenting that I was surprised that more guys had not input their techniques, so I just went ahead and noted the way "I" do things and what works for me personally. I am sorry I was unclear, I intended nothing but the best.[][8D]

Old 09-01-2006, 12:58 PM

I hope we can get a compilation of information in 1 spot here so that folks can get started on the right foot and reduce the learning curve at least a little.

Mike,

no, no, no. I think you misunderstood. I was not being critical, but complimenting your idea to start this endeavour. I was trying to say that you have already initiated a compilation here in this thread that is a continuing work in progress[8D]... but that I hope that the guys can find it useful and reduce the time that it takes for folks to learn how to execute the maneuvers.

I was not even thinking about compiling it into another format, just commenting that I was surprised that more guys had not input their techniques, so I just went ahead and noted the way "I" do things and what works for me personally. I am sorry I was unclear, I intended nothing but the best.[][8D]

NO NO NO NO NO (HAW I used more NO's than you did ) Actually I did misunderstand, but we do have a good base for beginners in 3D so I thought a set of printable files would be the trick. My goal when I started this was to eventually get things into files for everyone to be able to download so now I think it's time. We really have not gotten many more tips in the last couple of weeks and it looks to me like most all of the maneuvers have been covered with various ways to enter them

So lets do this:

I'll leave it up to the members, Please post if you would like or not like to have a PDF version of all of Mike's tips. Majority rules. I'll let this run about a week or so and will do whatever the members wish.
Old 09-01-2006, 03:55 PM

I would like to have everything in PDF... please go ahead
Old 09-01-2006, 08:52 PM

Count me in!!!!!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:55 PM
My Feedback: (29)

mike, i was curious how you convert recordings to post on a site, i made a vid myself from real flight, but movie player or any other for that matter doesnt play it, i was thinking of posting one myself??
Old 09-03-2006, 09:56 PM

I capture the video with a downloadable program called FRAPS. Its about $30 but it allows you to capture video straight off of the computer. I understand another way to do it is to pulg youe video camera into the computer and record it that way. Then you upload the video from the camera and render and edit in Windows Movie Maker or whatever..

www.fraps.com

Here are some pics from this weekend with my friends.. We got some GREAT video too... I thought I had broken my rudder on this tailtouch.. It really stabbed in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15011.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	518565   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cy77444.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	23.7 KB
ID:	518566   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tm23066.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	220.8 KB
ID:	518567  
Old 09-04-2006, 09:46 AM

i may try the video camera thing, i can play it on realflight, but i cant play it when i save it to my documents, i wasnt sure what needed to be done, i have made vids with my camera before, but not from there, thanks i will see what happens, thanks for all the tips btw
Old 09-04-2006, 09:53 AM

No it wont work that way. If you record it on G3, the G3 recording in its raw form will only playback via the G3 program. , you have to download www.FRAPS.com, and it has to be the purchased version. The freebie only captures 30 seconds at a time.

What you do is playback the video and at the same time run the Fraps capture program. What you will see when fraps is running is a little yellow number on the screen, then when you want to begin capturing you hit F9 and the number will turn Red. Once you finish capturing the video you hit F9 again. FRAPS has then placed the video you captured in the directory you told it to use when you initially installed the FRAPS program. Then you go into Windows Movie Maker and Import the Video file from the FRAPS directory and edit, add music or whatever. My FRAPS will not get the sound from AFPD though, so I add music which is what I do anyway.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Old 09-05-2006, 11:03 AM

I don't want to lose this thread so, what's a "STICKY"?
Bob R in Nashville
Old 09-05-2006, 11:10 AM

Its already done.[8D]

Sticky means that it is ALWAYS at the top of the 3D discussion forum main page. Thanks to Bubbagates, its there to stay as of last week and He is working on getting the info compiled into a .PDF format.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:27 AM

I have not started on the PDf stuff yet as I had said I was going to let my little impromptu poll run for about a week. It sure looks like everyone wants the PDF files so maybe I should jsut go for it
Old 09-05-2006, 07:15 PM

that would be cool i must say
Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
My Feedback: (37)

My FRAPS will not get the sound from AFPD though, so I add music which is what I do anyway.

The problem is that AFPD recordings don't have sound in the playback to begin with. At least that has been my experience. Maybe there is something wrong with my AFPD setup.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:39 AM

Default RE: New Video: HOW-To..3D maneuvers

What sim program are these manuevers done on? I've got G3 but not to sure about it's 3D capability.
Old 09-12-2006, 11:17 AM

The simulator used for the videos is Areo Fly Pro Deluxe by Ikarus. Real Flight G3 is also a good program![8D]
Old 10-03-2006, 08:09 PM
RVM

This thread rocks! Thanks to everyone who is contributing!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:45 PM

This is a great thread. I keep coming back to absorb a little more each time. Great Job and thanks for all the hard work.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:13 AM

I have not started on the PDf stuff yet as I had said I was going to let my little impromptu poll run for about a week. It sure looks like everyone wants the PDF files so maybe I should just go for it
Hi,

I came to this thread quite late (just been reading it over the last few days) and I wondered what is the outcome wrt the .pdf files ?

Thanks,

Boo
Old 10-26-2006, 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: jigeye

What sim program are these manuevers done on? I've got G3 but not to sure about it's 3D capability.
G3 is very good for learning 3D. Not totally realistic but close enough. You can learn to hover, TR harrier upright and inverted and rolling harriers very well with this program. Inverted harriers and TRs require the mastery of different orientations and a good sim makes this much easier. I like flying G3 on line. You can chat with other flyers, pick up new moves and stay inspired while you're getting better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.