Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

ULTRA RC KATANA XTREME - new release

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

ULTRA RC KATANA XTREME - new release

Old 06-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KATANA XL - new release

FYI guys...

Ultra RC is having an inventory reduction sale... and this plane is priced $100 off refular price (lowest price ever) while stock lasts...

http://www.ultrarc.com/products/katanax/index.html

Old 06-03-2007, 05:31 PM
Rocketman_

ORIGINAL: Travis73

It looks like Ultra Rc has replacement legs for $35 + $10 shipping, I have not been able to find rods any cheeper that I could use to make my own legs,...
Ultra RC sells just the landing gear legs for $14.99 per pair if you have no other alternative. They come without the axles so you'll have to use the ones from your broken gear legs. The picture below shows what you get for $14.99, this is not the entire $35 landing gear assembly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16062.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	24.2 KB
ID:	696849  
Old 06-03-2007, 06:48 PM
FentonFlyer
My Feedback: (11)

I've got mine just about finished after a mad thrash this weekend. With the Brison 2.4 Digital MG servo's everywhere but the throttle, a mix of stock hardware and Dubro HD stuff, Airwild arms and a 2s 2100 lipo with a reg, I'm looking at 10lbs 10 ozs sans thr RX, two extensions and some foam and zip ties. I 'm gonna run the stock gear and pray for greaser landings and no dead sticks( which shouldn't be a problem with the Brison)
Old 06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
FentonFlyer

Rocketman,

Did you ever get your graphics?

I e-mailed Ultra and never got a response. Imagine that...

Maudib,

Do you have any graphics tooled up for this one? I'd be willing to advertise for ya
Old 06-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Travis73

ORIGINAL: Rocketman_

ORIGINAL: Travis73

It looks like Ultra Rc has replacement legs for $35 + $10 shipping, I have not been able to find rods any cheeper that I could use to make my own legs,...
Ultra RC sells just the landing gear legs for $14.99 per pair if you have no other alternative. They come without the axles so you'll have to use the ones from your broken gear legs. The picture below shows what you get for $14.99, this is not the entire $35 landing gear assembly.
Thanks Rocketman, thats what I was looking for, looks like you may have just saved me $20
Old 06-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Rocketman_

ORIGINAL: FentonFlyer

Rocketman,

Did you ever get your graphics?

I e-mailed Ultra and never got a response. Imagine that...
Yes, Ultra RC sent the graphics and the printed assembly manual without my having to remind them. I notified them by e-mail that those items were missing from my kit and they responded the same day.
This is how it looks dress out in graphics.

Name:	Wu62192.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	697070  
Old 06-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Rocketman_

Old 06-03-2007, 10:55 PM
bbagle1

Any thoughts on optimum cg for 3d? My wing is all the way back and I really dont wanna move it but i have two batteries I can move. Right now i am right at 6in dry and my tank id just in front of the wing tube so figure a little forward of that rtf. Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 06-04-2007, 09:02 AM
Rocketman_

ORIGINAL: bbagle1

Any thoughts on optimum cg for 3d?
My CG is located at 6 3/8 inches (suggested range is 5.25 to 6 inches). It requires a little down elevator to keep it level during inverted flight and the tail does not drop during slow landing approaches. My thought is that you have to mess this up a little by moving the CG farther back (move wing forward) in order to achieve optimum 3D flight.

The picture shows my wing location and equipment layout. The model weighs 10 pounds with an OS 1.60, Bisson Pitts muffler, Perry VP-30 pump, APC 18x6W prop and one 2600 mah Li-Ion battery w/6 volt regulator.

If someone has been bold enough to move the CG beyond 6 3/8 inches I'd like to know what the results were.

Name:	Ec89628.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	697361  
Old 06-15-2007, 01:09 PM
ULTRA-RC

Ultra RC would like to take the time to thank everyone for your support.

We are writing today to let everyone know our Inventory Reduction Sale is winding down. We have very limited supplies available for immediate shipment.

Please contact us at 609-714-0040 or email [email protected] if you have any specific questions. We will continue to support these products and productions in the future.

Last, please continue to check our website. We have many new products in design and production which will be available very soon.

Thank you again for your interest and support!

Best Regards,

Ultra-RC
Old 06-18-2007, 07:16 AM
FentonFlyer

Well, mines ready to go except for a crappy range check. I was using a brand new Hitec supreme 8 and could only get about 30 ft with one antenna section extended before the glitches started. I tried unplugging one servo at a time and that did nothing. The rx antenna is running up and out the turtledeck and to the vert fin. The only metal to metal I can think of is the spring on the Sullivan tailwheel.
I'm gonna try a Futaba 127DF tonight.

This is my 4th gasser and the first one to have such problems[:@]
Old 06-22-2007, 07:19 PM
finishman2000
My Feedback: (7)

Well, I'm In. Just received it the other day. Ordered the Brililli 36 gasser for it and getting the other things togther. It will be my first gas plane and can't believe how much plane for the money you get with this arf. The guys at Ultrarc were very helpful spent the time to go over several questions I had. A+ so far.
Old 06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
FentonFlyer

I'm still fighting the glitch gremlins with mine. I thought maybe my gound lead had a bad connection to the cylinder head, so I disconnected it completely to see if it made a huge difference. Well after a minute or so of running like that, the engine just died completely and now I have no spark at all. I'm guessing I damaged the C-H module by running it like that. Gonna give em a call today...
Old 07-04-2007, 07:11 PM
finishman2000

well I had to call....no decals with mine. Also one of the pull-pull threaded things the wire go through wasn't drilled. just a pain more than anything else.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:50 PM
maineflyer
My Feedback: (44)

Got one of these today from the brown truck. What a plane!! I looked it over and for the sale price this thing is AWESOME. I have a OS 1.60 FX going into it and can't wait to get building it!! I don't know why more people aren't talking about this Kat.
Jeff
Old 07-12-2007, 12:19 AM
EdgyEdge540

I know the recommended servos are min 90oz Metal gear, but has anyone used the Hitec 6975 karbonite servos on this Katana? (more than 100oz torque) I have those available but not sure if i should install those or use only Metal gear servos.
Old 07-12-2007, 05:10 AM
maineflyer

Drkilljoy,
I would definitly not use anything other than metal gear in a plane that required 90 oz servos (other than for thorttle). There is a reason metal gears are required. Just my .02
Jeff

Old 07-27-2007, 07:57 PM
finishman2000

I have been trying to get hold of Ultra for 2 weeks now......no dice! no decals!
Old 07-28-2007, 08:41 AM
ULTRA-RC

ORIGINAL: finishman2000

I have been trying to get hold of Ultra for 2 weeks now......no dice! no decals!
Finishman2000,

Cas,

Sorry for the delay in response. We were away and spent the past week making some changes here at Ultra.

In regards to the decals, they are going out on Tuesday. I inspected the finished product on Friday. Our vendor has completed the remaining sets so we will now be including them with all remaining shipments here, from our facility.

The threaded couplers you requested were shipped via USPS. I will follow-up on this Monday. If necessary, we will re-send again.

Thanks for your patience. Please contact me with any questions.

Ultra-RC
Jim
Old 08-07-2007, 04:41 PM
finishman2000

I ould love to contact you...if you answered the phone maybe we could. It is one week from your post and no decals.

Changes? I hope you guys get your act together. Cas
Old 08-07-2007, 05:46 PM
blkbird68
My Feedback: (19)

ORIGINAL: finishman2000

I ould love to contact you...if you answered the phone maybe we could. It is one week from your post and no decals.

Changes? I hope you guys get your act together. Cas

PM him....
Old 08-09-2007, 11:45 AM
maineflyer

What do you guys think about some hitec 5625 for Ailerons and Elevators and a 5645 for the Rudder? Will these servos hold up to a 10 lb plane? I have one with a OS 1.60 going into this Kat and will be using if for 3D. I am also looking for a good battery for it. I have used only nicads in the past and am thinking about 1800 mil 6vt battery. It should get me 3-4 flights. I like the nicads because I carry a quick charger with me for charging during the session if I fly more than 4 flights and don't know how it would do with a NiNH. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Jeff
Old 08-10-2007, 01:44 PM
GarySS
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guys and Hangtime Batteries (NOOBs) say you need a low impedence battery to power those digitals. Otherwise the current draw overcomes the RX during a violent sustained manuever and the RX could freeze while the digitals ? reprogram themselves??? Sumthin like that. NIMH is a different technology than NICADs. The most important thing to do at first is the initial formation charge at C/10. A large enough NIMH battery should provde the 4 flights without charge that you are wanting. What that size is I don't know. I am using a 1800 mah 6 volt, but I haven't flown with it yet. [:-]
Old 08-11-2007, 08:55 AM
Rocky V.
My Feedback: (25)

Has anyone heard from our friends at Ultra ? I ordered a Katana off the web site over 2 weeks ago, got a confermation email, $ charged on my acct. and have heard nothing else.
Tried the contact # on the site, [email protected], PM here,-- nothing. I'm not in any great hurry, would just like a status check. I've seen on the site they're having a sale, almost everything is sold out. Not trying to read anything into that, but it makes one wonder if there will be parts support in the future ?
Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 PM
Travis73

The one time I had to get ahold of him for some replacement landing gear I sent an email and also left a voicemail, he called me back that same day and was very helpful. I too hope parts are not going to be a problem in the future.

I love the katana, the only beef I have is with the landing gear. With the ys160 this thing is a rocket and will hover at about 1/3 throttle with the extra weight of a smoke system.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.