Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is ready for download

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is ready for download

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2006, 10:29 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is ready for download

Somebody please burn it and confirm it plays ok
Old 11-17-2006, 10:53 AM
lcacciatore
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Free DVD of the Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is complete

That will be great as another option for people to download the iso.

Marc and I have been trying to get this to work but this is my first time playing around with torrent and I'm not sure if I have everything set up correctly for the client running on my machine. So this will give something to test with.
[&:]

ORIGINAL: Sired by Fire

i ll make a iso torrent and host it on demonoid tonight
Old 11-17-2006, 04:55 PM
sl1200mk2

Guys,

I would highly suggest using some form of download manager to get a file of this size via HTTP. There are many available -- some free. I prefer ReGet myself. You can even use one in 30 day demo just to get this file. Using a manager will allow you to work around any browser issues and allow resuming if needed.

Examples:

1. ReGet
2. GetRight

Do a search on Google for many available ones.

Regards,

Wayne
Old 11-17-2006, 05:52 PM
z
My Feedback: (4)

I should have it up and going tomorrow. I will post back when I know
Old 11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
LT-40

I got the file "downloaded" , but then when I went to combine it into an iso image, it said the files were corrupt. When I look at each of the files, the file sizes are all wrong. There must have been a problem in the download. Has any one been able to download and combine the 4 files succesfully? I hope I can get it to work, and thanks for putting this together.

LT-40
Old 11-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Jeff_edge540

Thanks for putting this together and getting it posted Marc! You Da Man!
Old 11-18-2006, 01:18 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

My "part 4" file does not match in size, it's 797 Mb and I'm also getting the same error, file corrupt it said unexpected file end or something like that, so I'm guessing it's not downloading all of the 4th one. My first 3 match the size you have posted in the directions.
Old 11-18-2006, 01:03 PM
mvigod
Banned

Just delete the file that was incomplete and redownload. I had it happen on mine too for some reason and just redownloaded. LMK if this works
Old 11-18-2006, 01:05 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Yep worked, I downloaded it again this morning and it worked.

I used my own burner software, and it worked great.

Nice job on the video, thanks for all the effort that went into it.

I'm burning some extras now to give out at the field.

Old 11-18-2006, 01:11 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: camss69

Yep worked, I downloaded it again this morning and it worked.

I used my own burner software, and it worked great.

Nice job on the video, thanks for all the effort that went into it.

I'm burning some extras now to give out at the field.

Awesome...burn away!

To anyone else who had any kind of corrupted download just redownload again until they come in correctly and then combine. It may be that the files are so big so if it glitches anywhere along the way it could break in certain circumstances. The fix is to just redownload any of the segments that did not come in complete. the first 3 files are the same exact size.

check www.rcuvideos.com/dvd for download and burn info

marc
Old 11-18-2006, 01:38 PM
lcacciatore

I would also suggest trying a download manager like ones Wayne(sl1200mk2) had mentioned. I also found one on Download.com that is completely free to use.
http://www.download.com/Free-Downloa...ml?tag=lst-6-5[link]http://www.download.com/Free-Download-Manager/3000-2071_4-10578059.html?tag=lst-6-5[/link]

If you seem to be having problems you could give one of these a try. These downloaders are great because if your download is interupted it will pick up were it left off. This can be a great time save plus you can queue up a bunch of downloads for it to manage.

Old 11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
jzinckgra
My Feedback: (11)

Weird, I burned to disc and can see the video (no sound though) in Media Player, but it won't play on my DVD player attached to my TV. I put the disc in, it trys reading it then says "No Play". Any ideas? And by the way, thanks for providing this
Old 11-18-2006, 04:47 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: jzinckgra

Weird, I burned to disc and can see the video (no sound though) in Media Player, but it won't play on my DVD player attached to my TV. I put the disc in, it trys reading it then says "No Play". Any ideas? And by the way, thanks for providing this
your dvd player might be older and not compatible with the type of blank you burned. some older players may not like the DVD-R blanks I think. For the older ones you may need to use DVD+R blanks or try on a newer player that plays nice with both formats.

Also you might try to ensure your iso image is intact by running the hashcalc on it to ensure it downloaded 100% intact and combined ok. info on that is at http://www.rcuvideos.com/dvd
Old 11-18-2006, 05:43 PM
jzinckgra

I ran the hashcalc and all was fine. My DVD player is about 4-5 years old, so maybe that is the problem. Should I be able to hear the sound on Media Player though or are the audio files not recognized by that program?
Also, I burned to DVD+R
Old 11-18-2006, 05:50 PM
mvigod
Banned

I ran the hashcalc and all was fine. My DVD player is about 4-5 years old, so maybe that is the problem. Should I be able to hear the sound on Media Player though or are the audio files not recognized by that program?
Also, I burned to DVD+R
On media player it should let you hear sound. not sure on that one. I think the older DVD player you have might not like the format your burned the ISO in. could be the media format or the type. There is a Joliet, Type 1 and Type 2 form you can select when burning. I believe it is the Type 1 you will want. If you used the burner software I linked to it might default to Joliet. IF this is what you used try another using the Type 1 and lmk. If it works I'll add this point to the master instruction list

marc
Old 11-18-2006, 05:56 PM
jzinckgra

marc, thanks for the response. I actually burned using nero express and chose the "make data DVD" option. That may be why I am not hearing sound, but when I tried using the "make video cd" option I get an error and it won't burn.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:58 PM
TomG3D

Help !

i downloaded the one ISO file, is that the whole thing, or do i still need to get the 4 incremental files too
thanks
tom
Old 11-18-2006, 06:29 PM
mvigod
Banned

ORIGINAL: TomG3D

Help !

i downloaded the one ISO file, is that the whole thing, or do i still need to get the 4 incremental files too
thanks
tom
if you got the one ISO file (around 4GB) that is fine. that is all you need.

you can either grab that ISO in one large chunk 4GB or grab the 4 segments and piece them together on your computer using the first chunk which contains the auto combiner (the .exe file) which will make up the one large 4GB.

you are good to go and burn with the one ISO!
Old 11-18-2006, 09:28 PM
jzinckgra

Can't get CDBurner Express to work either. It is telling me that it only supports files up to 4.2G.
Old 11-18-2006, 09:45 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

I got it to work. However on my computer you have to manually load the .VOB files which takes a couple clicks.

Just hit the menu button or on some programs, load playlists. Then it will ask you to browse for the DVD on your computer. Choose the DVD drive. Then you'll see the VOB's in the list. Then select them all with shift click or use your mouse. Then click ADD then click on ok to load the playlist. Then just hit play on your player and the menu will pop up. Or just keep clicking on next chapter to view the segment you want to watch. Each chapter is titled ... real nice.

Thanks Marc, good stuff. Keep the coming!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us52594.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	562749   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41325.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	116.7 KB
ID:	562750  
Old 11-18-2006, 10:03 PM
jzinckgra

Bummer, my DVD player does not read DVD+R. So I either need to buy another DVD player or burn to DVD-R media. I'd rather not watch an hours worth of video on my computer, plus I'm still gettting sound.[:@]
Old 11-18-2006, 11:04 PM
mvigod
Banned

Can't get CDBurner Express to work either. It is telling me that it only supports files up to 4.2G.
sounds like you are not writing the ISO image that is why it tosses the error.

try the CD Burner XP Pro I noted in the tutorial on www.rcuvideos.com/dvd and write the iso to disc and it will work if you cannot figure out how to get CDBurner Express to write the ISO. A DVD+R should work fine
Old 11-18-2006, 11:40 PM
lcacciatore

One thing to try to see if the ISO download is ok and that there isn't a problem with playing DVD's on your PC's drive. I use a program called magicDisc which is a free download and it allows you to mount disc image files like an ISO.
http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/mi...c-overview.htm
[link]http://www.magiciso.com/tutorials/miso-magicdisc-overview.htm[/link]
After you download this program and install it you can mount the ISO which will make it look like another CD/DVD drive on your machine. Now you can try using either media player or another DVD player software to watch the video.

I know I have a problem with the DVD drive on my machine to when trying to play a DVD. After burning a DVD from the ISO I tried to watch it with Nero's Showtime and it had some problems but when I mounted the ISO and used Showtime this time it played it fine.

The problem with the DVD player could be because of it age and doesn't support DVD +R. If you have the manual or find it on the internet it make tell which formats it supports. You also might want to try eject the DVD and trying it again. I've had this happen on my newer player and opening and closing the tray seems to get it to work. I actual had this happen to day when I was watching one of my SKS videos. I had watched part of it this morning and had stopped the play back and shut down the DVD player. When I went to continue watching it the DVD player said no disc inserted. I did the tray thing and it found the disk and started playing it.
Old 11-19-2006, 01:47 AM
makatron

i got some spare space in my website
so just contact me if you want to,

email [email protected]
Old 11-19-2006, 09:59 AM
jzinckgra

ORIGINAL: RCadmin

sounds like you are not writing the ISO image that is why it tosses the error.

try the CD Burner XP Pro I noted in the tutorial on www.rcuvideos.com/dvd and write the iso to disc and it will work if you cannot figure out how to get CDBurner Express to write the ISO. A DVD+R should work fine
Tried again and no luck. The final size of my iso file is 4.5G and the CD Burner Pro seems to only support up to 4.2G. I deleted the ISO file and reinstalled. Doesn't seem to matter. At this point I would be happy being able to at least hear sound through Media Player. When I go to launch in MP, it gives me a message saying that it does not recognize the file extesnio, but it still may be able to play. I press continue and see the video but no sound.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.