Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Review: EF Yak 74" and Brillelli 46cc

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Review: EF Yak 74" and Brillelli 46cc

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 12:12 AM
GregT882762

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Review: EF Yak 74" and Brillelli 46cc

jake money and weight saving worth it for te 26cc from brilleliversus 46 fot this plane?
Old 02-10-2008, 11:05 PM
ace123jim
My Feedback: (27)

Hello Guys,
I've been reading throught all the forum posts and found a lot of good information. Its been an interesting week with my new EF Yak 54 (74in) and Brilleli 46 engine. I took the posts, regarding checking incidence angles on wings and horizonal stabs, seriously. My left stab was down 1.7 deg and the right was up 1.8. I corrected both before flying. My wings were right on the mark.
I had a friend do the first flight and only small trim adjustments were needed. We were all blown away with the performance. I have made 5 flights as of this afternoon. It's simply a "Rocket". I have found landings to be very easy and stright forward. I am not having any wing drop or see any bad flying habits so far.

The only problem is that I have lost the canopy twice. It blew off yesterday during rolls on high rate. One of my buddies caught it in the air and there was no damage. I reinforced the frame with half inch strips of thin ply and took it up again this afternoon. It was up 2 min before the canopy came off again in straight and level flight. All the guys ran to catch it but came up short and it broke on impact. It also dinged the right wing. It looks like the canopy must be creating a lot of lift, bowing and pulling the front wooden mount out of its location. I think it needs a redesign which includes some type of mid canopy side latches to go with the original design. I'm calling Chris at EF in the morning to see what he can do.

The Brilelli 46 has scale "AA fuel dragster" power and runs great. Mine came with a bad spark plug, but once replaced, it ran like a top.

Overall, it's a kick to fly and I'm looking forward to opening up its envelope when I get the canopy issues resolved.

Jim
Alabaster RC Club
Birmingham, AL
Old 02-10-2008, 11:12 PM
reyn3545

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You might want to re-mount the spring mechanism in the turtle deck that holds the canopy.. move it a little closer to the nose, and make sure the pin on it is sticking far enough into the canopy to hold it. I did that, and also glued some foam into the fuse where the front of the canopy goes into it. The combination of the two seem to hold the canopy firm enough. I never lost mine, but it did rattle around enough to concern me.
Old 04-28-2009, 04:14 PM
LostMyPlane

Does anyone know if the Brillelli 46 has to use 93% gas? I mixed up a gallon using 87% and didn't think to check before doing so.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:38 PM
RJConnet

If you're talking about using 87 octane as opposed to 93 octane gasoline I've been using 87 octane in my Brillelli for two years now with perfect results. No misfires, no glitches, have not even had the spark plug out in a year and a half........RJ
Old 04-29-2009, 12:59 PM
LostMyPlane

Great to hear! I will use up this 87% octain gas then. Any real good reason to use 93% octain??? after all it's less then 50 cents more per gallon.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I've never run high octane in my gassers, no reason to that I can think of.