Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Help me pick a plane for a supertigre 2300

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Help me pick a plane for a supertigre 2300

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 07:45 PM
cje0114
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me pick a plane for a supertigre 2300

I was hoping to get some ideas on the perfect 3D airplane for a Supertigre 2300. I usually don't do glow power anymore for the bigger stuff, just gassers, but I got this engine for free at the club christmas party the other night and figured I would use it in something.

So far I have my eyes on the Extreme Flight 74" Yak, but I wonder if this engine will fly it the way I want it too. You know, unlimited vertical, strong pull out of torque rolls and hovers, ect..

Oh, and please no suggestions of profile planes. I prefer scale 3D airplanes.

So, let me hear some ideas.

Chris
Old 12-13-2007, 10:07 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Help me pick a plane for a supertigre 2300

I had one a couple years ago on a Funtan 90. Flew like you are asking for. The funtana 100 x has replaced the 90. just beef up the firewall and have a blast.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:10 PM
jsenicka
My Feedback: (79)

The ST2300 is an all around great engine for the money, but fairly heavy for a 3D ship. It weights about 32 oz without the muffler. At same weight you can run an OS 160 or a Saito 180 and carry a lot more prop and a bigger airframe.
I have 2 of them and have decided to run one in a GP Giles 202 set up for aerobatics rather than 3D, and the second in a Sig CAP 232, again not set up for 3D.
Old 12-14-2007, 12:15 PM
cje0114
My Feedback: (27)

ORIGINAL: jsenicka

The ST2300 is an all around great engine for the money, but fairly heavy for a 3D ship. It weights about 32 oz without the muffler. At same weight you can run an OS 160 or a Saito 180 and carry a lot more prop and a bigger airframe.
I have 2 of them and have decided to run one in a GP Giles 202 set up for aerobatics rather than 3D, and the second in a Sig CAP 232, again not set up for 3D.

I understand what you're saying, but I got the engine for free, so that's what I have to use right now. I don't want to put any more money in to this project than needed, ya know. If I were to buy a new angine for a plane right now, I'd rather put my money towards another DA or something.

I'm sure if it came down to it, I would just use this engine for aerobatic and IMAC flying. I'd still be happy with that since I have so many other planes that are strong 3D performers.

I just don't want a good engine to sit around on the shelf.

Chris
Old 12-14-2007, 01:22 PM
jsenicka
My Feedback: (79)

I am in same boat. Have several very good 3D performers, and also have 2 ST2300's around.

So one goes in the GP Giles set up for IMAC style flying. Plan to build it over the Christmas break.