Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
 funtana s 40 >

funtana s 40

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

funtana s 40

Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default funtana s 40

Hi there, just receive my funtana 40 and currently on building mode. any ideas which will be better on it, 55ax or saito 80? and wat prop works best on it? just starting on 3d flying. and wats the cg location like?
Old 03-28-2008, 09:19 PM

Default RE: funtana s 40

On engine it is really preference. And would you be using the 82 or the 82? CG should be in the manual.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:28 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Both motors will give similar performance,but the Saito 82 will give you better pull at lower rpm and seem alot more relaxed to fly around in general.The CG will be fine with both engines,with minimal shift in equipment.
Old 03-29-2008, 11:30 AM

oh mine is the older version saito 80. just mount it up on the plane and will be having the maiden flight tomorrow. hope everything goes smooth...
thanx for the replies guys... so u guys flying funtana as well? hows the flight characteristic btw...
Old 04-06-2008, 11:37 AM

help needed here. maidened my funtana last week but feels like my saito is not giving me enough pull and unlimited vertical. i almost lost her on a low altitude hammerhead because it suddenly stall after climbing to about 20 metres high. is there any probs somewhere i do wrong or my set up is not right? any guys who flown her can give me a rough idea on wats the AUW, cg location, yr engine combo for her, props etc and if possible pictures of yr setup? thanx so much in advance...