Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
 U-Can-Do 3d 46? >

U-Can-Do 3d 46?

Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

U-Can-Do 3d 46?

Old 07-03-2005, 04:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: U-Can-Do 3d 46?

add three deg golden.
Old 07-04-2005, 07:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3 Degrees sounds about right. Maybe just a little up too, seems to help also.
Old 07-04-2005, 02:31 PM
My Feedback: (5)

Thanks guys. Will keep posted on progress.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:01 PM

Hey Guys,
Happy 4th of July. I'm finally back home. Went out and flew a real live RC plane today. The realflight G3 is great ,but it was getting old. Felt great. Some of the others from the club were there too. Good time had by all. But I have to admit I took the CAP580 & not the UCD, man was the UCD mad. I calmed it down by saying I was going to get it some brand new fuel tomarrow.

Again Happy Fourth, SPUDs out.................
Old 07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Well gentlemen. I'll be moving into the new hangar this weekend....... [8D] finally........ Yikes!! I am never moving again. This is terrible.........[X(] I hate it.........[>:] It's not the moving part, it's dealing with the crap that goes along with it. [:-]
Old 07-06-2005, 07:36 PM

dont make that UCD too mad Spud, last time i did it bit me[sm=thumbdown.gif]

alright CeeGee!! good to get er done, i know what you are going thru, glad its almost over with, still wanna see pics of your new hangar i havent flown in a week, too hot in the afternoon but i think i am gonna go tomorrow even if its 110,(dont hover as good) but cant wait till saturday when i will fly most of the day. went out to the club in yuma while i was therre and meet a couple of those guys flying there roadrunners?, never heard of them, i think there home built, but next time i go visit my bro in law im taking my ucd and show those old guys how to fly[X(](hope there not reading this) but they invited me over so ill take them up on it for my first real club fly(gotta get my card though), talk to ya guys later
Old 07-06-2005, 11:53 PM

gjeffers
A real live fly in?? Oh man are you going to love it. I am so jealous....[&o] You're not going to do any more of those 4 foot off the deck inverted fly bys are you? [>:][>:] Hey, maybe you could get some pictures......[X(]....[8D]

Here's the old hangar. Hopefully we can make the new one look a little more professional and homey at the same time..........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67136.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	294556  
Old 07-07-2005, 03:31 PM
My Feedback: (17)

Hey Spud,

Looks like you're online right now. I'm buying a UCDO 46 with an OS 70 Surpass II and Hi Tec 605's all around RTF. Picking it up tonight. I did a major soil sample with mine two days ago. I had a Saito 91 on it and almost too much power. What do you feel about the 70 II on this plane?

Bruce - Swiftflier
Old 07-07-2005, 04:05 PM

The key word is ALMOST too much power. Seriously, the 70 II would work fine. Not 3D power though.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:21 PM

CeeGee, nice hangar, looks kinda like the hangar i saw once up near moses lakehope ya have all the windows in this one[X(]the old ucd is sure whining a lot latelysee pic!

hey rightflyer, i just got in from flying in 110 deg and im sure glad i have a 100 in her cause it needed it to hover, but i think the 91 would be a good investment, although it would fly it nicely, a 70 wouldnt do in a pinch

Name:	Ki18392.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	294774  
Old 07-07-2005, 07:39 PM

I agree. I had a Ys 63 in my first one and not enough for serious 3D fun. I saw a guy with a 61 2-stroke that pulled his around good. Just watch the throttle. What the heck, 3D planes aren't meant to retire from old age!
Old 07-08-2005, 09:08 AM
My Feedback: (5)

Got to go flying Wednesday and it was great! I finally did some stuff down on the deck! Had it hovering for a bit at about 15 feet! It was a blast!!! But had to shut down early because of the battery. Need to replace the thing. 6 volt batt that chargers to about 7.2 volts then after 2 flights is down to 6 volts. I have two hitec 5645 that I would like to trade for something. Figured I would give you guys a chance first, then put it on the trade section. As for the 60 ucando, I think that the person that did the quality check on it was either blind or drunk!!!!!!!! Here is a list of the problems that I had to start with.

1. Covering on both the horizontal and vertical tail sections, Just tacked down on the corners not even shrunk!
2. The former before the two servos on the left fuse was not drilled with holes for the servo wires. Had to drill them my self!
3. The belly pan on the wing did not fit at all!!! Had to re-shape the wing saddle on the belly pan, and also the hole for the nylon bolts were not even close to were they need to be, so had to enlarge them.
4. The tunnel at the firewall was cracked!!!!! Had to sand it down and put fiberglass on both sides of it
5. And you as how was i able to get fiber glass on both sided of the tunnel? The fire wall was just tacked in place and came off while I was putting the engine on.

All of this was fixed by me. I sent pics to great planes and I also called them to tell them about the problems. They offered my some glow plugs for my trouble. Told them I didn't want the glow plugs. I spent more in ca and epoxy than a few glow plugs.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:39 PM
My Feedback: (35)

Goldenclan, I may be interested in you servo's. What are you looking to trade for?
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 PM

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]

THREE MONTH OF RAIN................................
I ONLY CAN SITDOWN , LOOK MY COMPUTER, SEE SOME VIDEOS, READ SOME THREADS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BUT I DON´T CAN FLY................. IT´S RAINY...............

[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 07-09-2005, 10:22 PM

EL TEMUCANO.... Three Months... WoW.. Sorry about the rain:-(
Hope it stops soon!! Here, if we have three hours of rain.. It's a
big storm:-0...... But we do get heat... As Gary say's "Dry Heat"
And we get LOT'S of it around this time of year....

Well the UCD did OK this morning.... It won't hold a hover tho..
But did all else nicely as always. Still planning on sticking the
Mag 91 on... But guess I dread removing whats needed to get the
new engine mount in.... I'm using the "YS 63 from my profile", I
thought it would help, But I think the "Dry Heat" is taking it's toll:-(

Why, You say???..... :-(....... Well let's just say it's the M.T. tank
syndrome... Wanting to push it a little further than the tank is willing
to go:-(....... And... I know this for SURE!..... The profile DOES NOT
float like the UCD when not under power.... Drops like a rock and
will not recover out of an inverted flat spin.... It does hit the ground
nice tho:-(((((((((
Old 07-09-2005, 10:40 PM

poor Sergio, its winter down there, and i think some parts of Chile is like Seattle washington, rain rain rain rain[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]

Ron, i flew in 110 the other day and my 100 had probs hovering, with her leaned out to run right and the thin air it was stunning to see the 100 struggle, but she didnt over heat, took it like a champ[8D][8D]had to put the x6 back on her to get some grab
Old 07-09-2005, 10:51 PM

Yeah Gary.. This Hot thin air sure makes it rough.... On the body Too:-(
My YS is running good.... Just not the same.... I almost lost the UCD at
the 5' level.. It was back sliding and nothing to pull it out .. But the UCD
let me drop the nose and pull out and away:-)

It's still showing over 100 right now:-(
Old 07-10-2005, 12:11 AM

I'm sneaking a post in here. Hope I don't get caught. Hot thin air. 88 degrees in the AM. Makes Idaho look good. I fly early, usally 6-8 am if I can. Sometimes until 10 AM when it's too HOT. It's probably 55 when I start. 75 when I finish. Anyways, having a great time. Still don't know what to do with 46, but I think I'm gonna replace it. I don't know how I could like a plane more than that one.
thanks,
Barry
Old 07-10-2005, 01:09 PM

Barry..... "Sneak" ?????? You just pop in anytime:-)...
I'm thinking of just ordering another 46 also, to install
the 91 in..... But have to look at my $$$$ first...
Old 07-10-2005, 06:14 PM

your a pretty good sneaker Barry, no one noticed yet, maybe its all clear nowwhen everyone else in the country is putting up their planes for the winter, me and Ron are just loading up with a great big smile(heading to the field),haw haw!!![X(]
Old 07-10-2005, 09:12 PM

Hey guys,
SPUD here. Well no flying this week rains have set in and we're dodging those dang hurricanes again. Mostly just tropical level stuff from this last one. Out in the rain today replacing a couple of shingles.[:@] Well maybe get a little sun this weekend.

Hey Barry hows your showtime?

See ya, SPUDs out...........................
Old 07-12-2005, 04:37 PM

Hey SPUD... Hopefully this is it for ya'll... Ya sure had enough of them!!

Well another good morning with the UCD, still won't hover worth a darn
with this thin dry heat... But managed a few till it starts tail sliding, but
a push of the stick nicely drops the nose and away we go:-)) all else
was great. I did almost have a fence run-in on take-off # 4... I guess I
hit my spoileron switch.. And she does not like to get up real quick when
the switch is activated:-(.... But luckily, as I was taking out a few weeds
after running off the runway I flip the switch off and stright up she goes:-)
only thing is I push down and very little action, but it did roll a bit... So
I do a quick rudder turn which drops the nose I cut the engine and glide
it in with up elevator for a touch down.... Weeds were stuck in both elevs
limiting down more so on the right side(was almost stuck slightly up).....
As they say:-) It's better to be lucky then good sometimes.....
Old 07-13-2005, 05:00 AM

Been doing a little early morning building. The Showtime is coming along pretty good. I have all the hinged surfaces done. This is a nice ARF. Very good quality and easy to build. The fuel tank is assembled and has the fuel tubing attached. The Servo slots are cut out and the covering is ironed in. Very nice. I've been hearing (on the Showtime thread) the weights with a 110 are gonna be right at 9 lbs. That may be able to be reduced with lite tires, small battery, and a mini servo here and there by up to 4 ozs. That's gonna be pretty heavy for my laboring 110 but will probably fly it pretty good. Sometimes I think the body shape of an airplane makes a difference on hovering ease. The Yak seems hard to hover, not the hovering itself but hard to pull with my engine. The 110 will barely pull it out of a hover and yet the engine seems to pull nice RPM (about 9300 comfortably rich) My Ultra Stick weighs right at 9 lbs and seems to pull out better than the 8lbs 9ozs Yak. Weird. OF course the Mayhem is in a league of it's own. It's weird, I like the Yak, but it's not a plane I would buy again. It flys good but seems awkward in flat spin and waterfalls. It does them but certainly not like the UCD or Mayhem. It loses altitude very quickly. You really have to be on your toes when flying it. To me it doesn't instill confidence. It's a scary plane to fly. The more I fly it the more obvious it becomes this plane has little to relieve the Pucker Factor. It will KE and do precision flybys, and pattern work very nicely. It's beautiful in the air. But quite honestly I'm thinking of taking the 110 out and installing it in the UCD60. I would love to see that plane with the an 8lbs 0ozs weight and all that power. It would be a rocket ship and be extremely fun to fly. And I could be two at the price of the Yak. And I can KE the UCD but it's much harder than Yak but much easier to hover and the UCD is in a league of it's own with flat spin. I think I'm keeping the Yak and I will use it to perfect my flying skills in pattern, and harriers (another manuever it does extremely well) But hey, flatspins, it's what I do, and they are hard (less fun) with the Yak. Funny the UCD 46 gives me confidence, too much, that's why I'm always crashing them. But with it I feel I can do anything with the Yak, I'm just glad when the flights over and I'm down without crashing it. I guess it's what you want to do with the hobby. I don't really care what I fly, I'm just trying to have fun. The UCDs, at least for me, are more fun. The Showtime looks fun to.
Thanks.
Barry
Old 07-13-2005, 09:45 AM

Hey Raideron,
Well Emily looks like its going to miss us, but there is two more behind her. Just part of living here, luckily only for 8 more yrs till I retire. The beauty of a hurricane is the winds the day before and after are usually calm. So on Mon. I took the UCD for a spin. A bunch of spins actually. What a great day. I've got to agree with Barry on the doing this for fun. I got back into our hobby after a 12 yr break the wife bought me a new hangar full of planes, & now I've settled on the ones that I get the most fun out of; UCD, CAP 580, & my foamies. I'm selling off a couple to recoup some cash for the reserve crash fund. I would like to try out that showtime as well. Barry I'm glad you mentioned the facts on the Yak, I was thinking of getting that. Doesn't seem to fit my style.[sm=RAINFRO.gif]

Earlier just a page or two back someone mentioned we were getting off track with our thread, well bull. Because of this thread I attribute the long life of my UCD. My UCD was already assembled when I found these guys, with a 70 4c in the nose and straight out of the box. Well I read the 40 or so pages at that time and ended up modifying a couple of things. I put my 90 4c in the nose, drilled two holes through the landing gear block & epoxied some left over control rod thru & thru ( no torn LG so far, knock on wood ), added some tail braces, realized that hitec 635's are a great servo (still need three more, but the wing servos are doing great), went with a 15-4(also a recommendation from our thread ), and when we diverse on our other subjects it helps with making decisions on other subjects we are all interested in. I just have to tell you that you guys are great. This is my favorite thread & adds to the overall R/C experience.[sm=sunsmiley.gif]

Thanks.............Shawn

P.S. Barry we are all still waiting to learn how to sew a prop
Old 07-13-2005, 01:15 PM

Well Shawn will be hoping the other two stay's out at sea..

Well another "Mostly" great morning at the field with the UCD..
Guess I just can't get it throught my thick skull on fuel times:-(
I know when it's close... But the, "Just one more stunt" seems to
get me:-(.... As this morning, was having a great time on my
fifth flight... I did a 3' invert flyby and banked and rolled out
heading for my landing as I knew I was low on fuel... But then
the echo of "lower.. Lower" from the peanut gallery kept
ringing in my head:-( I was just outside the runway on my
final at about 5'... And I thought what the heck.. Just one more,
So I roll her over and do another invert flyby with the tail about
a foot off the deck, 3/4 way down the runway I remember...
"fuel" so I loop it out to just land..... Well it almost got to the
top of the loop when the engine goes dead this was about 8' the
nose falls ground ward... I let her pickup some air speed nose
down then at about 2' I pull on the stick... She does pull flat and
pancakes on the runway tearing the gear out along with hitting
the lt. wing tip....:-( Damage was not bad at all, Gear is out
and my added bracing came apart at the joints with half of the
L.G. block attached which left the side fuel sheeting area with a
small split. and I had a stripped ail. servo gear.. A quick fix
surprisingly.... So I guess I have reason now to change the
engine mount/blindnuts for the 91....... But I guess I would
have even less flight times???? MMmmmmm... More trouble????
People at the table was saying It wasn't me saying lower lower,
along with I saw no way, but nose in and big damage, It's
unbelievable you were able to flatten it the way you did and
have such little damage:-).... You gotta LOVE the UCD!!

Name:	Rp43827.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	296843   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bw71782.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	296844   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu51582.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	296845  

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.