Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > 3D Flying!
Reload this Page >

Ultimate Biplane

Community
Search
Notices
3D Flying! Our 3D flying forum is the ultimate resource for 3D flyers. Also discuss the latest in "4D" flying!

Ultimate Biplane

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 05:39 PM
R/CBOONE72

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ultimate Biplane

Hello. I know there are other threads already started on this plane, the Nitro Planes 50cc Ultimate Biplane. On some of the threads the posts are mostly dating back to months ago. I am wanting some more fresh information on this plane as I am sure others would like to hear some feed back. Lets start with the building process, how do parts fit into each other, quaity of hardware as far as for 3D flying goes, thats what I do mostly when flying and my TOC 30% Yak I changed to all titanium ended carbon fiber rod all custom built for the most part. Nice method. But quality of hardware in your opinions. How is it structual, such as servo bays and strength of cowl and wheel pants, landing gear bay and gear itself. would I have to brace anything there before assembling it fully. Then weight to wing area of this bird with lets say a 50 DA or DL 55. Is it a wing rocker in high alpha or quick to drop a wing like my old PW extra. Assembly of wings and other parts at field, is it fast or pretty slow process. Are flying wires needed or not and do you think it would look better with them if they dont need them in yall's opinion. How does it fly at fast speeds, I already mentioned slow and how does it hold in hovers and waterfalls and other 3D? What is minimum for rudder, alieron, and elevater servo strength? And your overall opinion of this airplane, and its price for what you get. Its either this one and strip my 50cc top flite p-51 or step up to a PAU 37% Ultimate and strip my Kange 35% extra 300, its such a beautiful flying plane I would hate to strip it, But I will not buy a junk 50cc Ultimate just to save it if that would be the case. My p-51 is just no fun for me and it wont break my heart to sell it. I also dislike the flat stab of this plane, I wish i could find the money to buy the 50cc Ultimate from Aeroworks but at 800 after shipping I find that very hard right now. Maybe after I fix up two free crashed planes someone gave me, if I still dont have an Ultimate. I have wanted one ever since I flew my friend H9 46% Ultimate, and started biwing foamies. I hear great things about them all the time. I was at one time interested in Pitts instead but Ultimate is more me. Thanks for spending your time on this very long rambling post