RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/)
-   -   Any Donations. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/11414058-any-donations.html)

woosley97 02-17-2013 10:44 PM

Any Donations.

would anyone be willing to donate to my rc project. I cant afford to pay for a decent rc plane, and i really want to get into 3d flying. all i can practice on is a real flight simulator my friend gave to me.and i really want to get into flying real rc planes.

skeeter_ca 02-18-2013 07:53 PM

RE: Any Donations.

So....how old are you. Do you have a job?

skeeter

rhd-RCU 02-18-2013 08:05 PM

nitro wing 02-19-2013 09:25 PM

ORIGINAL: woosley97

would anyone be willing to donate to my rc project. I cant afford to pay for a decent rc plane, and i really want to get into 3d flying. all i can practice on is a real flight simulator my friend gave to me.and i really want to get into flying real rc planes.
you will need alot more posts and credible input, before anyone will take you seriously. Many will part with usable items, but not to a 1 poster dude..

DGrant 02-27-2013 04:12 PM

I don't want to sound rude... but... since you're asking... I must ask why you don't get a job? or sell something?.. or if you're on fixed income, save some money...?

There's 3 ways right there you can surely get your dream plane... gauranteed. Or do none of the 3 and see how far that gets... that might be interesting too. I could expand on any or all of these 3 suggestions... but... if you're smart enough to fly 3D stuff.. you're smart enough to figure it all out... Good luck.

nitro wing 02-27-2013 07:53 PM

and thats how the cookie crumbles

DenverJayhawk 02-27-2013 10:56 PM

Foamies are you friend. They 3d like nobody's business and are cheap! Sell the flight sim and buy a foamie. Get some real practice and stick time to learn 3D.

kerwin50 03-06-2013 03:00 AM

Plus one on that jayhawk
you could probally post in the classifieds willing to trade real flight sim for foamie rtf

aspeed 03-06-2013 09:48 AM

Swap meets and coroplast SPAD's (simple plastic airplane designs) are a good source of cheap thrills. for nitro  planes.  .15 size motors keep the cost down.  As previously mentioned foamies are good too.

bkseyer 03-14-2013 02:31 PM

ONE WORD................. J O B

aspeed 03-14-2013 02:46 PM

J O B, Eww sounds like W O R K!!

freefall2907 03-14-2013 03:01 PM

i work a full time job to take care of my family and a part time job to support hobby.rc is my addiction
<br type="_moz" />

nitro wing 03-14-2013 06:43 PM

how can he get a job, he is so lame he never even bothered making a second post..

aspeed 03-14-2013 07:12 PM

He might be 12 years old too.  But we may never know if he doesn't answer his thread.

nitro wing 03-14-2013 09:45 PM

12 or 42, he dropped any inputs, sure we have not been the most inviting, but if he wants something, he better come up with some sort of story, excuse, apology, beg, Lie or something.;)

t-max97 03-14-2013 09:59 PM

I hate when people post stuff like this, I understand if it's a kid or something but iv'e seen adults do stuff like this a few times on the forum, what makes you think people should send rc stuff they bought with money they EARNED to some random on a forum just because he asks? Just ridiculous, more and more people seem to have a mentality like that...I don't understand it.Although If you are a kid don't be scared to post, everyone was just assuming you are an adult.

nitro wing 03-14-2013 10:32 PM

ORIGINAL: t-max97

I hate when people post stuff like this, I understand if it's a kid or something but iv'e seen adults do stuff like this a few times on the forum, what makes you think people should send rc stuff they bought with money they EARNED to some random on a forum just because he asks? Just ridiculous, more and more people seem to have a mentality like that...I don't understand it.Although If you are a kid don't be scared to post, everyone was just assuming you are an adult.
If it was a kid, he likely would have responded with some sort of answer, Kids wanna chat and learn.

aspeed 03-15-2013 05:24 AM

A friend of mine from work was at a party and saw a Viper in the driveway when they first came out.  he asked the owner if he could go for a test drive...and he said yes.  My buddy said "all you have to do is ask, the worst they can say is no."  I am going official here and asking for a free Novarossi .28. a dune buggy one without a carb or heatsink head doesn't matter.  I'll pay shipping.  (gotta try?)  The kid or ? should reply though, now at least.