RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/)
-   -   Pilot 26% Yak 54 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/11600165-pilot-26%25-yak-54-a.html)

crankpin 06-11-2014 03:08 AM

Pilot 26% Yak 54

Question on sale of planes, etc. I have threads on RCU, building, etc., so have been around a while. Recently, I put up for sale, a new Pilot Yak 54, 26%. Never flown, everything new, engine not started, all receipts, RTF.

DLE 35RA, JR 8411 digital servos on surfaces, HiTec on Rudder, DS821 on throttle. Two 2150 NiMih packs, with separate switch harness', 1300 NiMih on ignition, separate switch harness, JR HD servo extensions, new JR 921X receiver, Smart Fly, Everything brand new, out of box.
Pilot Yak 54, blue white color scheme. Plane is finished. I have two Pilot Yak 55M's in boxes with OS33GT's, will keep. The 54 is sitting, no time for it right now. I Posted this on RCG for $750.00. If you add up everything, over $1600.00 here, as you know.

Why no takers on this package ? Is it because a person would just like to put together his own plane, gear? Is money tight for some folks?

zacharyR 06-12-2014 12:53 PM

becouse eveyone wants something for nothing. basickly

and you live in a vary bad state for used airframes theres alot of them around and alot of resellers and just no cash moveing around

doesnt sound bad to me but honstly you'll be lucky to get 500

speedracerntrixie 06-12-2014 09:18 PM

The used market is really soft. Last airplane I sold RTF was a scratch built 1/3 scale Laser. It was powered with a DLE55 and MTW 75 canister, Falcon CF prop, Savox titanium geared digitalis. I listed it for 500.00. After a week I had one response, local guy who ended up buying the Laser and another airplane from me. I see lots of airplanes that 2 years ago I would have jumped all over. Disposable incomes are down and people just don't appreciate what it takes to put some of these airplanes together. Go back 10 years and I was getting 1,800.00 to assemble a high end 40% ARF. That would be a laughable price today. The thing that gets me is guys over at another site are selling their beat up composite sailplanes for a grand and I'm talking about wings with de-lams and even fuselages that have been broken in half and repaired. Go figure. It's pretty much a buyers market. A month ago I bought a RTF MK Aurora with MK mechanical retracts and an OS 91 surpass. I paid his full asking price.......100.00

crankpin 06-13-2014 12:00 PM

Good info. You are right, 10 years ago, prices were more stable. This airframe is brand new, everything is. I may just keep it, leave it stored, maybe one day, get it in the air. I also have 2 Yak 55M's with the OS33GT gas engines. All still in boxes, will hold on. I build the old stuff, but started to get into gas. Right now, too many projects.
Thanks for the replys.
Crank