RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/)
-   -   WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/1766789-who-would-interested-mike-mcconville-having-monthly-3d-maneuver-tutorial.html)

John Murdoch 04-28-2004 09:29 AM

WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

I was just looking at the new to be released Hangar 9 up-sized Funtana thread and noticed that Mike McConville, Horizon's hands on PR rep. is activly participating by answering questions that people are posing regarding the soon to be released airplane.

If any of you have had the pleasure to read Mike's original article on Horizon's website on how to set up and fly the Funtana 40, you'd have to agree that there's a lot of setup and flying information lacking.

I've made the suggestion that Mike have a monthly "3D maneuver" section on Horizon's website that would show the exact setups including things like throttle curves, mixes, surface throws, expo's etc. The new Funtana 90 would be the perfect airplane to start on. I also suggested that he could have a video that would have the radio sticks superimposed on the video so that we could see exactly what movements are being made to perform a particular maneuver.

I'm sure, I for one, would be anxiously awaiting each month's 3D video tutorial.

I told Mike that after viewing and applying the proper setups and flying techniques, that I would be so anxious to try what I had just learned, that I would crash more airplanes, thus, I would need to buy more airplanes, thus Horizon's sales would go up, thus Horizon would have more money to produce more tutorial videos, thus I would crash more, thus I would buy more and on an on... You get the picture!

So what do you think? Is this a good idea for all of us to get percise instructions to 3D setup and flying?

3D ONdaEDGE 04-28-2004 05:05 PM

RE: WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

I think it is a very good idea.

Josey Wales 04-28-2004 06:15 PM

RE: WHO WOULD BE INTERESTED IN MIKE MCCONVILLE HAVING A MONTHLY 3D MANEUVER TUTORIAL

Me too!!!

mattyd 04-28-2004 06:37 PM

excellent idea, would be really helpful.:D:D

rc-sport 04-28-2004 09:12 PM

I want Mike to come to my field and show me how to do manuevers. Come on Mike, its only about a 2.5 hour drive.:D My Funtana is on order at Venture Hobbies and will be waiting your arrival.

jongurley 04-28-2004 09:15 PM

Yehhhhhhhhhh:D:D

FlyerBry 04-28-2004 10:15 PM

Sounds great. Then at the end of each month we can tally how many crashes occur from everyone trying to keep up with Mike! :)

Lee Belew 04-28-2004 11:16 PM

I also want to cast my vote YES. I think this would be a good thing.

Lee

Scooterpilot 05-25-2004 08:29 PM

Great Idea. Hope he will do it!

Regards,

Chuck

John Wells 05-25-2004 09:37 PM

This question needs a poll......and set it up so there's only one answer available......YES!

Sounds great to me!

Bruce Rolfe 05-25-2004 11:07 PM

Sounds great. But why stop with Mike. Why not have Mike do a manuver one month, next month Chip and so on. Why not have a different move performed by a different pilot each month. That way you learn different flying techniques from different people. Just a thought.
I still like the idea of Mike doing this also.
Bruce

3D-kid330 05-26-2004 12:08 AM

Of course! Sounds like a great idea!

3D-kid330

Luke 3D returns 05-26-2004 07:44 AM

a good idea!

FlyHard 05-26-2004 09:06 AM

Great Idea !!! Wonder if Mike thinks it's as good :-)

P-51B 05-26-2004 09:11 AM

I would like to be the first to say NO to this idea...but I have to say YES, it's a good idea.

3D ONdaEDGE 05-26-2004 05:07 PM

Why not have a number of pilots tell how they do each manuver. I mean like 5 different pilot give their description of all the manuvers.

wyflyer 05-26-2004 09:44 PM

Sounds great to me!

krayzc-RCU 05-26-2004 09:48 PM

jongurley
what can mike show u that u don't already know:D