RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3D Flying! (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/)
-   -   Fantana Box Size and where to buy (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3d-flying-82/1849920-fantana-box-size-where-buy.html)

Gyri 05-27-2004 05:14 AM

Fantana Box Size and where to buy

Seems like a lot of guys picked up this plane (H9 Funtana 40). Can someone give me the overall box dimensions (L x B x H)?0 Also which is the best place to pick this one up?
Thanks.

Funtana_Cody 05-27-2004 12:08 PM

RE: Fantana Box Size and where to buy

I'd say its pretty big because the wing comes in one piece. I haven't measured mine but I'd say its about 5'x2'6"x8" Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Spacey 05-28-2004 02:44 AM

Yes the wing span 56" which determines the box lenght. Cody you're about right. :D

Gyri check if you can't find one closer to. I don't know because i'm too lazy too find a world map now but you could maybe try UK before you try the US. I'm too stupid at Geography to figure where abouts you are. :D I know one thing for sure. If you don't buy 10 of them and sell the other 9 you going to spend loads of money on over seas shipping. Can't you get one locally?

Gyri 05-28-2004 05:03 AM

Thanks for the reply. I am not planning on shipping it down to India, might just sucker someone in San Ramon, San Francisco to pick it up. I didn't want them to break the box in 2 pieces when they get it there.
Know any good on line store that gives a good deal and deals well?

japan3d 05-28-2004 10:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Spacey

Yes the wing span 56" which determines the box lenght. Cody you're about right. :D

Gyri check if you can't find one closer to. I don't know because i'm too lazy too find a world map now but you could maybe try UK before you try the US. I'm too stupid at Geography to figure where abouts you are. :D I know one thing for sure. If you don't buy 10 of them and sell the other 9 you going to spend loads of money on over seas shipping. Can't you get one locally?

Isn't that the truth. You can fly round trip cheaper then getting a box shipped.

flyfree69 05-28-2004 10:48 AM

good plane;;; the box measure's 5 foot long, 18 3/4 inchs wide and 6 1/2 inchs deep, the plane is shipped in another cardboard box slightly bigger[8D] www.hobbyhaven.com has one setting on the shelf, 169.00

Gyri 05-28-2004 11:41 PM

That's a big box to carry through a transatlantic flight!!!. Heard it's a good plane though.
Thanks for the info. I found out an online store www.DiscountHobbies4U.com which sells it at $159.00. Anybody with any experience with them?

TomKite 07-16-2004 11:36 AM

Discounthobbies4u? Great guys, hahaha, jk thats me... I can get you the plane, shoot me an email of of the website and I'll give you a custom quote on shipping.

Gyri 07-16-2004 09:22 PM

Hey Tomkite thanks, I had someone bring this for me to India, arrived damaged. There were too many transits on the way and as a result got a punctured fuse (longerons and side sheeting damaged) broken wing spar and wing sheeting. I have got to mend by broken heart first and start doing the repairs. Wish I had asked for a kit instead.