Community
Search
Notices
3DFoamy Support Click here to get all your 3DFoamy support questions answered.

F 18 Help

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2005, 07:36 PM
Boudreaux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F 18 Help

Alright got the bird together and was taking her out for the first time yesterday. Set up is as follows Himax 2015-4100 with 4.43 gearing, GWS 9 x 7 prop(seemed to flex to much), Kokam 1500 3lipo 11.1, E-Flight 40 amp brushless speed control and Hitec servos.
Plane flew very slowly. Packs were fully charged. It wanted to dive to the ground even with zero deflection on all respective parts. I did adjust the rates on CH 1 & 2 as the manual calls for to soften the response around neutral. Plane just would not climb. Almost if it did not have near enough thrust to get going. I was able to fly very slow circles and get the plane up about 50-60 feet but it took 2-3 mins of careful flying with just the slightest bit of elevator to get to this point. I did move the battery around and really did not find that moving the GC either way really helped. I am a little stumped. All parts are brand spanking new and the kit was purchased directly from 3D foamy. Any feed back would be great. I have time seeing how the very slow speeds of this plane caused a few wrecks. Damn! I will be gluing it back up and hopefully figured out the problem by next flight.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RE: F 18 Help

Sounds to me like your underpowered, or the prop is on backwards. Try an APC prop as well, much more efficient.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:10 PM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds to me like your underpowered, or the prop is on backwards. Try an APC prop as well, much more efficient.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:32 PM
Boudreaux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi John- Prop was backwards.... I had e-mailed you today about a crash coupon...
Thanks