RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   3DFoamy Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3dfoamy-support-382/)
-   -   Serious problems with 3m 77 spray (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/3dfoamy-support-382/7946758-serious-problems-3m-77-spray.html)

MonsterMaxx 09-12-2008 11:04 AM

Serious problems with 3m 77 spray

Cap and 1.4 Cap builds...

The first problem I encountered is that it attacks the foam. Very clearly attacking the foam. Even when it is sticking, the layers are 'puffing up'.

Now a few weeks later many of the laminations I did with the 3m 77 are delaminating. While I could probably tear the laminated skins off and replace them, it's been 4 weeks now that I've been unsuccessfully trying to get parts from John for the 1.4 I see no point in going down that same path on the cap.

This plane is junk because I used 3m 77 spray.

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT TO LAMINATE YOUR SKINS.

Now I check the laminations I did with Elmer's spray for the 1.4, several of them are also delaminating.

I built (or tried to build) two of the 3dfoamy planes (the cap and the 1.4 cap), both are garbage and after too many emails to count I can't get replacement parts from john, so I guess I'm giving up on 3dfoamy stuff. $300 wasted.

Seems like they could be cool planes, but with it being impossible to get responses from John on replacements, 3-4 week shipping times on new models and this failure of spray glues I'm going to just have to give up and move on to something else.

Best of luck to you all.

I have lots of motors and speedys for sale if anyone is interested PM me and we'll discuss what i have.

mikesand 09-12-2008 11:10 AM

RE: Serious problems with 3m 77 spray

have you gas or electrics for sale? lookin for .32 size gas for a junior falcon 48" wing. at 5k feet here in Colorado, I nee more than the .20 currently using

mike

MonsterMaxx 09-12-2008 11:11 AM

All electrics.

JohnVH 09-13-2008 12:24 AM

I sent you an email, answered your questions, the ball was in your court on the last email I sent you as you did not respond to it. Sorry you having a problem, I assemble all my planes with 3m77, and have never had a problem.

I can get you replacement parts easily, reply.

Thanks

MonsterMaxx 09-23-2008 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

I sent you an email, answered your questions, the ball was in your court on the last email I sent you as you did not respond to it. Sorry you having a problem, I assemble all my planes with 3m77, and have never had a problem.

Thanks
Absolutely NOT true John.

I sent you FIVE (5) emails beginning on August 21st asking for the replacement parts. I had NO questions. I sent you a list of the items I needed, YOU are the one who kept asking the questions. The list was very exact and there should have been no room for missinterpertation, yet you continued to wait nearly a week between responses and ask for more information when it was provided in the very first request for replacement parts.

In the last message you said you'd send them. Yet none ever arrived. No tracking numbers were ever sent. Zip, zilch, nada.

The ball is not in my court John, you have the parts, I told you what parts I needed FIVE (5) times, I wasn't asking for free stuff, I'd offered to pay for them. I don't know what else I can do.

The 3m77 absolutely eats the foam. No question about it.

I realize this is a side job for you John, but seriously man, 3 weeks to get around to shipping the original kits, all the while you are saying they are in transit; and now when a customer requests a replacement item it's this back and forth for a month and nothing is ever done.....you need to rethink your business model and support.

I give up. I've moved on to companies who will support their products and take orders seriously.

JohnVH 09-23-2008 11:18 AM

ORIGINAL: MonsterMaxx

ORIGINAL: JohnVH

Thanks
Absolutely NOT true John.

I sent you FIVE (5) emails beginning on August 21st asking for the replacement parts. I had NO questions. I sent you a list of the items I needed, YOU are the one who kept asking the questions. The list was very exact and there should have been no room for missinterpertation, yet you continued to wait nearly a week between responses and ask for more information when it was provided in the very first request for replacement parts.

In the last message you said you'd send them. Yet none ever arrived. No tracking numbers were ever sent. Zip, zilch, nada.

The ball is not in my court John, you have the parts, I told you what parts I needed FIVE (5) times, I wasn't asking for free stuff, I'd offered to pay for them. I don't know what else I can do.

The 3m77 absolutely eats the foam. No question about it.

I realize this is a side job for you John, but seriously man, 3 weeks to get around to shipping the original kits, all the while you are saying they are in transit; and now when a customer requests a replacement item it's this back and forth for a month and nothing is ever done.....you need to rethink your business model and support.

I give up. I've moved on to companies who will support their products and take orders seriously.
I hate arguing over the net, so send me a PM, but since you want it public, I have been waiting on your payment you said you'd send, which never arrived. So, ball was, and still is in your court.

As for the clearly stating parts, negative, there are alot of wing parts, and after I asked you for clarification did I only find out exactly what you needed.

And yes, I have a 9hr/day day job, and I list on my site that orders can take from a day or two to ship, to a week or two, thats out of my control, either way, youll get what you order.

Im sorry that for some reason your 3m77 didnt work, I assemble all my kits with that, and have NEVER had a problem. And I will continue to use it.

MonsterMaxx 09-23-2008 11:37 AM

How can I send a payment when you never said what to send????? Am I supposed to just buy another kit or something to get these 3 items?
Seriously???

Here's the last message I sent, no response from you.

I need one pair of skins, just like in the picture.

I need the complete core.

Also need a piece of the thin CF.

Did these parts get sent? I don’t have any problem paying for them since it was my error, but I really need the parts.

Please let me know what we can do to get this moving.
I'm posting here because you never respond to email. What else is a customer to do?

I guess it's just as well you never bothered to respond, I just looked at the other items that were glued with 3m they are all puffed and eaten where the 77 was applied. It's pretty much pointless to continue with this as most of it is trash.

JohnVH 09-23-2008 12:01 PM

I have responded to every email I have received.

When you use paypal, you send it to the email address, just as you did the first time.

Not sure why the 3m77 ate your plane, I have never had that problem, nor has anyone I know.

Sorry.