RCU Forums - View Single Post - New BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 12:44 AM
Ken-h
My Feedback: (3)

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New BME Aircraft 30% Extra330L

YNC,

This was by far the easiest plane I’ve put together to date. No measuring or time wasted figuring out the thrust line, centerline, or how far back to put the firewall. Just drill for your motor and epoxy it on and your done. The cowl being fixed to the fuse from the inside gives it a really clean look and no drilling required. This airplane even has throttle and or choke servos trays built in. There are really only a couple of good places to mount switches and fuel locations and it looks like that’s where Max intended them to go.

The inside of the fuselage is huge. It’s very easy to find places for all the gear and if your not using the tunnel, lots of room in there as well. The only extra hardware I had to come up with was the push rod for the throttle, fuel dot, some zip ties, fuel tubing, and the pull-pull cable. The fuel tank assembly even had all the metal tubing pre-bent, just had to screw it all together. This plane can easily be put together in a day.

I’ll try to get some more pictures posted tomorrow or the next day. It’s been a real busy week at work.

Ken