RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blue Angel - Build
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2006, 08:46 AM
My Feedback: (17)

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Blue Angel - Build

ORIGINAL: rainedav

That's an awesome engine 8178. Your formers look great, beautiful job with the scroll saw.

I was looking at F15, the longitudinal side plank for the top half of the fuse. That's going to be fun to cut; bevelled on both edges AND it tapers in width!
Thanks rainedav! Yes, I was very pleased to find another 61SF ABC-P! Although, all of mine are new, Hobby Services still has parts to rebuild them, excluding the pump.

I’ve been studying the plans too and for sure it’s not going to be super easy to build. It’s complicated but not too bad! In the olden days I built a few planked fuselages so hopefully those experiences will help me with the process.

Here’s a picture of me back in the early 70s preparing for my solo flight routine at a full scale air show. I flew a demo flight with my Century design (same wing platform as the Cold Duck, used a flying stab and tri gear retracts). In the background you can see my F86 that I built from FM plans. Now, that is what you call a complicated fuselage and wing! Good old silk and dope covering too!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61632.jpg
Views:	672
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	428859