RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should I drop a GP Cub 40 for a different plane?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:30 AM
N46203

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Should I drop a GP Cub 40 for a different plane?

Thanks everyone, I have decided to delay the Cub for a time when I have a little more money to throw at it. I weighed the pros and cons of finishing it right now, and I just wouldn't be pleased either way. Even if I did finish it, I would be putting a two stroke motor in it instead of a four stroke, and that alone would take some of the fun out of it.

As my eventual goal is also to build and fly a scale warbird, the cub isn't really a good step for me to take towards that goal either. So, I'm going to buy a low wing plane that has some pep to it, and fit that out and fly it. The Cub will see it's day, it just wont be the next plane I finish. I am enjoying the building aspect of it so much though, that I have decided to continue building until I just can't possibly go any farther. It was nice seeing everyone's opinions on the matter, and both sides were presented well. I just don't have the money to be throwing into a plane that I don't want to fly yet.