RCU Forums - View Single Post - McCulloch 31cc w/ Rear Exaust and Carb, is it better?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:21 PM
SaCCaL72
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: McCulloch 31cc w/ Rear Exaust and Carb, is it better?

jstanton,
I still do have the original choke. I didn't install it because the lever was hitting the motor mount but I think I can modify it to fit. I wasn't sure if I should keep it on the carb or not because when I looked at some of the sample pix on www.wackerengines.com I didn't see it attached. I think I will invest in the 2 needle carb though. My Walbro carb has a screw needle where the throttle lever is that limits the throttle arms movement and the other screw I was talking about is as I said, set into the carb some, it isn't visible unless you look in a hole in the carb. I wasn't sure if that was the high end needle or not. I can take pix when I get home but I am sure as you said, it may be a single needle carb and I should just get myself a 2 needle carb. I am glad I can get rid of the primer bulb, it is kind of an unsightly fixture. Thanks for all your help, I will keep you all posted soon with some pix and stuff. Thanks again...

Edit Text Below:
ps. Can these engines be painted with high temp paint without any ill effects to it's performance? I see yours is painted red, did you do that yourself? It looks so much nicer...