RCU Forums - View Single Post - Weston TigerShark 150mph+, 150hr build
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 05:10 AM
brianbruff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weston TigerShark 150mph+, 150hr build

Hi there,

I've just purchased a TigerShark Kit 150mph+, and a MagnumR 200mph+.

Now granted I've really hardly any experience building kits, I bought my first kit b4 christmass a Raptor30 (and have built/rebuild a few helis in mean time) so my main interest is in helis.. but once i heard someone mention that these planes were the bees knees I found my plane nich.

The only other plane I've got is a Tutor 40 trainer which my better half built same time i was building the raptor. She didn't want to put in the effort to learn how to fly it so i inherited it ( a few hours on the sim and i took out the real think and while they wouldn't be the most fluid flights ever I can fly it and land it, i'll fly the sh1t out of it and then i'll give the tigershart a shot ).

Not this thread is more about building, I've set the background i.e. i've never built a plane (we're talking artf here btw!) but this tiger shark is breaking my heart building it. "just put on the find and landing skit and away u go" I WISH.

I've found that inserting the metal control rods into the snake is next to impossible, and once they are in then it's next to impossible to insert the snakes into the outer sleves, has anyone had the same problem? I've been filing away like crazy hoping not to weaken the snake too much and now i think, i've, at least, a half arsed solution that will work.

Next thing is the fuel tank, the instructions mention two breader pipes (only one supplied!) so i ended up using a bit of fuel tubing to seal the extra hole that i neednt have made. (I think weston are putting a new tank in the kit and never bothered to change the instruction manual).

So basically has anyone had these problems and how did they solve the snake problem? or is it just me?

I had a quick look at the magnumR kit and it seems to have metal rods instead of snakes (praise the lord!)