RCU Forums - View Single Post - GWS Corsair 33.5 W/S
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2006, 09:44 AM
RickAvery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GWS Corsair 33.5 W/S

Timmahh,
Another power system which works well with the GWS warbirds is the HiMaxx outrunners. i.e. 2812-1080 They are a bit more pricey than the BP motors already mentioned. BUT, They have one really good attribute. A 4mm hardened output shaft. The BP motors come with I believe a 2mm non hardened shaft. I'm not bagging on BP motors, as I have two and they are plenty powerful and a great value for the price. I only mention this because if you drop the plane on its front end from anything higher than 18", you will bend the BP output shaft. Replacements are readily avaliable, cheap & not to difficult to change out. Just something to think about. Also as already mentioned, choose your battery and trim out the battery bay before you put the fuse together. What I did with my GWS war birds is to assemble the major components i.e. wings & ailerons, servos, horiz stab, pushrods ect... before mating the fuse halves, and basiclly tape the rest of the plane together i.e. ESC, Rx, motor, all the wireing & all of the other pieces and check the CoG. You can then see where you need to put the battery in order to get the right balance without having to add ballast. (Or having to add the least amount). If need be, you can also move the electronics around to aid in balancing. The corsair needs the battery to be pushed forward. Good luck. The corsair is a great flyer especially with a brushless, 3cell LiPo power system.
Rick