Thread: Rc Fuel Faq
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2003, 01:46 AM
mAlAch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/10 Racing fuel opinion/help

Greetings to ya all!

Fuelman:
I'd like to ask for yer opinion and some advice in this.

I live in Puerto Rico, Tropical Island with weather variants. I currently compete in the local races on touring and 1/10 on-road races. I'd experimented with many kinds of fuels. I'd recently decided to try and mebbe make it myself.

There are some people in the same ambient who use to make their own fuel. I had do my research on the web and I'd found that using 35% Nitromethane and 11% lubricant in my constanly changing weather works the best for me.

The problem lies that I havent find brands of fuels that are sold here to fit my especifications...

Why I make that assumption when I dont find the fuel like that? Well I own a OS engine .12 TR engine, Using 20% nitro, 12% lubricant fuel, my car runs smooth, flawless at temperatures exedding 240 degrees... I was amazed how in a race temp went up to 280 and the car kept running without breaking anything... Piston clean, everything inside the engine was neat. Then I decided to test a 35% nitro 16% lubricant fuel. This one made my car fly on the ground, but when I checked its inside it was a bit dirt... then I decided to try that combination. 35% nitro, 11 or 12% lubricant (60:40 - synthetic:castor)...

IMy sister is chemist and she can find me 99%+ pure nitromethane... and the methanol I can certainly find too.

The problem I find is that I dont really know what brand of synthetic or castor lubricant to use in my research.

Why 60:40 synthetic:castor in the oil mix? well it seems that for our weather that combination makes it run clean and without much dirt inside the motor... One friend makes car fuels.. but he uses 50:50... I'd like to try 60:40 to make it even clean.

I would really appreciate your comment on this and if possible your opinion of which brand to use for my synthetic oil and which brand to buy for the castor oil.

Thanks in advance!

-mAlAch 1/10 on-road Nitro freak!
[email protected]

PD: Excuse my english =/