RCU Forums - View Single Post - WALKERA 37
Thread: WALKERA 37
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2006, 07:04 PM
armycopter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WALKERA 37

I got my 37 today! First, I'm in total awe, since I've only ever been exposed to my Fixed Pitch DF4. This thing is so much bigger and more complicated. Nothing bad to say about it... yet. The only thing obviously wrong is that one of the end caps to my left skid is missing. Not too big a deal, but it says something about the quality. After going through it with a fine tooth comb (Blackhawk, all my wires look good), I decided to put some batteries in the transmitter and check all the controls.

By the way... can anyone tell me how to attach the battery? My DF4 had an actual battery holder, this one doesn't have anything that obvious

Anyway, I went by the manual and checked all the controls. They all worked fine, then I tried to get the blades to turn, NO JOY! They wouldn't budge. I disconnected and reconnected the battery, but still no luck. I tried pressing the little red button on the ESC but that didn't do anything either (By the way, what's the red button for, the manual doesn't say anything about it). In the end, I disconnected all the wires one by one and reconnected them - hoping to seat them better. That seemed to do the trick (plus pressing the red button, not knowing what that thing does).

I got the blades to turn....

I couldn't resist. I picked it up to a quick hover to check it out. It sounds INCREDIBLE! It hovered sooooo steady. Way better than my DF4. Granted, I haven't charged the battery pack so I could only get it up to about 6 inches but that's ok. I love it!!!

Now I just have to figure out how to check blade pitch, paddle pitch, and how to attach the battery better.

Anyway... it seems like a great machine, but who knows what prolonged flight will do to the electronics. Oh yeah, when I was first trying to get the blades to turn, the ESC was getting hot (blades not turning). When I finally got the blades to turn and I was hovering around for a few minutes, I checked the ESC and it was not very hot. Not sure what that's all about, but seems fine now.

..by the way... it did come from China not Texas, but it only took 7 days total.