RCU Forums - View Single Post - Petition and Corp Can. complaint solicitation
Old 03-29-2006, 05:34 PM
jhelps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Petition and Corp Can. complaint solicitation

ORIGINAL: Sharpy01

A wee birdy delivered this to me today. Must be meant for all if I'm in the loop.

From what I understand this new by-law give the board the power to kick anyone out of MAAC for whatever reason they wish. Today it is Chuck, TOMORROW it could be YOU!!!"[/b]
Poorly re-worded famous quote "When the Nazi's came for the ..."

Once again Red Herring after Red Herring!!!

Membership in the club (any club for that matter) is not a right. Frankly the board has always had the power to "remove" someone by simply refusing their application at the beginning of the year (I suggested this in another thread). The bylaws then and now allow people who share an interest in aviation and who agree to abide by the bylaws to join upon acceptance by persons appointed by the board. While this has been automatic over the past years, this does not mean it must in future. There are no "rights" to association.

As to the actual complaint I would be surprised if Corp Canada made any ruling. They can only rule on the correctness of the bylaw, not how a corporation applies it. The bylaw in question is very similar to many others that govern clubs and is designed to allow the membership to remove undesirables. I bet Corp Canada lets it stand and suggests that any recourse should be through the courts. One hopes we do not go that route as the headlines would be murder" Chuck chucked for not playing nice with his toy planes" That will paint us in an excellent light!

As this is a free country and one has the right to face their accusers hopefully if Corp Canada gets involved they will identify where the complaints are coming from and the house can be cleaned once and for all!!!!

JH