RCU Forums - View Single Post - Respirators for CA?
View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 10:03 AM
elcam84
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Respirators for CA?

There aren't any that are really reccomended for CA. Many modern BC CC auto paints and others like POR15 have cyano acrelates in them now. The only reccomended mask is a fresh air mask. Basically like a fire fighters mask but hooked up to a glorified vacuum cleaner with a long hose. The box is located somewhere it can always get fresh air.

One guy decided to spray POR15 against theadvise of the company and others. He sprayed a whole frame one day without a mask. He was coughing up blood the next day.

However a Charcoal filter mask will be better than nothing. They do work... The problem is you don't know when the filter is no longer working as the charcoal is sucking stuff up constantly. When done using your mask take the filters off and place them in an air tight bag with as little air in it as possible. I store mine in a vacuum using a vacuum sealer and the containers available for it.

Also like montioned eyeprotection is a very very good idea as the fumes are dangerous and you are right above them.