View Single Post
Old 04-01-2006, 01:19 PM
firstplaceaviator
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: "Finished" airplane

Ed,
Thank you for your service to our country!
I sincerely mean that to ALL men and women who have served, are serving or will serve in the future.

Well, you certainly have flown more military stuff, then I have!

Our airport only has a 50 ft. wide runway and 2370 Ft long.
One thresh hold is displaced about 75 Ft. to keep you from hitting semi trucks on the road, wich is right at the end of the runway!
The other end plumets down 60 ft. to a highway!

I fly a Cessna 310 in and out of here on a regular basis. Several of my full scale customers won't bring their planes in here (wimps!) I have to fly the plane up here for them when they need maintenance or inspections.

The only time I REALLY scared myself, was when a customer asked me to bring his Cessna 421 in here. As soon as the tires touched down, I thought I was in BIG trouble! I got the plane stopped with only 2 ft. left, before I hit a barrier!
We had to shut down and push the plane back, just to get it turned off of the runway! STUPID, I won't do that again!

Ever since, I will not attempt to land anything at this airport, that is hotter than a Beech Baron (My personal favorite, in the light twin world).

I really feel like I was born in the wrong era, I am envyous of your career and all the wonderful planes you spent time in!

Doug