RCU Forums - View Single Post - Radio Frequencies-Change 40.830 to 40.835
Old 04-02-2006, 01:29 AM
NemisusDM
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Radio Frequencies-Change 40.830 to 40.835

Hey Caliber,
Actually both are correct. We are an international group with a multitude of RC systems being used. Newer radio systems are made much tighter than the old ones. This is a double edged sword though. A tighter system will have a higher rejection to interferance but, large changes from center tuned frequency reduce performance on both the TX'er and RX'er. The RX'er looseing sensitivity and image rejection can be more of a problem then the TX'er reduceing output power....
Again this is just one manufacturer and in a specific market region that has to meet FCC regulations here in the US. In Australia I think they follow the ACMA regulations and in the UK I think it's OFCOM.

From the Futaba site I got this......

""Please explain Hi and Low band to me? I am not sure what the difference is between them.

Most of our 72Mhz receivers are now tuned to the center of either a low band frequency (channel 11 to channel 35) or high band (channel 36 to channel 60).

By tuning to each band, you can easily and safely change your receiver crystal to anywhere within this high or low band range, without having to send it in to be retuned. ""