RCU Forums - View Single Post - Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine
Old 04-08-2006, 03:48 PM
Loopman
My Feedback: (195)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Great Planes 25% Yak 81" 12-lb, seen on Fly3D Magazine

Hey Fellas,
Mine's ready to go but the weather sorta sucks right now. Maybe next weekend. I mounted three servos in the tail and mounted the Rx battery on top of the engine box, no additional weight required! The Brillelli 46 has a rear dump muffler and the cowl required no additional cutting except for the exhaust ports. I trashed the stock tailwheel setup and went with a Sullivan tailwheel assembly. Also added hardwood triangle stock to the inside of the engine box.
Since the Walbro carb is a diaphragm system you only need two lines! Use a "tee" fitting on the carb line and a standard vent line. I am concerned however that if the tank leaks or a fuel line develops a pinhole, any gas on the foam interior will be a disaster! Oh well, just make sure everythings good and tight to start with I guess! I am using an EDS servo reverser for the elevators and it sure is nice! No adjustment screw to mess with and it centers perfectly! I am very eager to get this one airborne!

Happy Flying!

Loopman [sm=cool.gif]