View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 08:15 AM
ehfleming
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Cessna out of control

ORIGINAL: RCHYFLYER

ORIGINAL: Liberator

On board glow CAN cause problems. Best thing to have someone restrain it and do a range check with the motor running and off. If you see a big difference, then you may need to work out shielding or even go to a new glow driver.

Did you have the antenna fully extended when this happened?

hmmm not sure what you mean here the on board glow is on at idle plus a tad of throttle when the plane is turned on doesnt matter if the engine is running? If I have interferance from the glow it would do it with or with out the engine running.

It might matter. Does your OBG actuate by micro-switch or electronic switch? I found that micro switches can cause rf for a few reasons; mostly due to vibrating contacts. I use electronic switches, like EMS Jomar or similar. Your problem may have been caused by the number and power demands of your servos plugged into your receiver. The more (and powerful) the servos, the greater possibility for glitching. Doesn't matter much if the rxvr is pcm or ppm, although pcm rxvrs can usually handle higher demands. If you are using hi-torque servos all around, you may need to use twin rxvrs and batteries to share the load. Sometimes, just replacing the battery with higher capacity helps; but I don't think that is a long-term solution. I hope you rebuild.