RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hanger 9 Harrier 90
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2006, 09:59 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 Harrier 90

I built one up last year. I used the YS110 in it. It weighed 8lbs 8ozs ready to fly less fuel. It is a pretty tough airplane. Very solid in the manufacure of it. I liked it a lot. Did the nicest waterfalls, of any plane I've flown. Basically just spin around the wing tube and stay at elevation without dropping at all. Pretty cool maneuver. Very easy plane to fly. I could do a decent flat spin with it but not as good as a UCD or Mayhem. Knife edge was poor on this plane. Seems like it should have been better with the flat fuse but I thought it stunk. The "harrier" maneuver is hard with lots of wing rock but with enought spoileron I was able to do decent harriers.

My biggest beef with the plane was knife edge flight and it is VERY hard to see. I put stripes on the bottom of mine and it helped. But it was still hard. Transparent blue covering. What are they thinking. Or are they not thinking.

Anyways, I liked the plane but I gave it away to a friend because I liked the UCD better and they were so similar that I didn't think I needed both.

Good luck.

Thanks
Barry
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74187.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	309.2 KB
ID:	448904