RCU Forums - View Single Post - KMP Cessna Skymaster
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 07:56 AM
f14mech2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Cessna Skymaster

I think "Tom in Cincy Super Contributor" hit the nail on the head. You have to work on removing weight as far back from the CG as you can. If you look at the plane there isn't a whole lot you can do that doesn't require alot of work. I didn't weigh my nose weight......I started with a 2 lbs sinker bolted to a plate I made in the nose and removed enough to balance the plane. I bet it came out to 18-20 oz. A couple of weeks ago my tank stopper on the rear tank came loose. What a mess! The stopper plate that came with the plane was stripped out. I guess I tightened it too much and it finally just failed. As far as tank quantity effects on the CG. I have 2 identical engines and they run exactly the same. The front engine will be 1/4 full on landing and the rear tank will be 1/2 full. I cant tell any difference in flight. This plane seems to have a lot of wing and will float better than any other warbird at our field......well except maybe the really big ones. So go ahead and weigh down the nose till you get what you want on the CG. I still want to put gun pods on mine and I don't think it will be a weight problem. I wanted to figure the exact wing loading, I still want to, but some of the guys at the field said I was being too "technical". Just fly it! They told me......