RCU Forums - View Single Post - Heads up for QQ Yak (ARF) owners!
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 08:09 PM
Maudib
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heads up for QQ Yak (ARF) owners!

I'm not trying to be combative... and maybe the instructions could have been more clear, I dunno.

I'm also not SURE the included line ISN'T gas proof as there are materials that are both... in this case it doesn't appear the line caused the crash... but rather it slipped off because it wasn't properly connected. Tygon would have done the same thing, and even your external lines could JUST have easily come off instead. I just automatically replace any supplied line with Tygon because I KNOW it's gas proof. ALso because it's stiffer and will not let the clunk flop to the front of the tank.

Anywho... I was more eluding to the fact that the tank isn't faulty... perhaps the manual isn't clear on that topic, but then again, most manuals cannot possibly contain every specific step there is... like loctiting servo screws, but not Karbonite geared ones, no metal to metal contact vibration, etc... the manual would be a tome.

Something also to consider is that it's also possible your engine died because it was too lean and the crash caused sufficient inertia on the clunk to have pulled the line off the tank... tho it is more likely the lack of a ziptie, clamp or barb was the culprit.

It's a shame you didn't partake in the QQ 85" Yak thread... lots of experienced guys there that are glad to answer questions... and are always willing to help people new to gas.

There are also threads here on RCU about "New to gas... what should I know" That discuss many things including, tank plumbing.

In any case, feel free to participate now and ask questions all you want. Often guys will post pictures of their installs and ask "Does this look right?" Or even to share their handywork.

Hope your next experience is better than this one...