RCU Forums - View Single Post - Giant RC B-29 Crashes into Tree.
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2006, 08:51 AM
Paul Grubich
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Giant RC B-29 Crashes into Tree.

There was a show called Striking Back many years ago. I video taped many of those shows and will be putting some of the more interesting videos up on my site. This show featured 1/5 scale rcwarbirds in mock combat. Sometimes over 12 planes would be in the air at one time. Explosions would go off and fireballs would go high into the air and even small, manned tanks would roam the grounds. An aircraft carrier would launch planes and then get blown up, and at each show a sacrificial Zero would be blown out of the air. It was a great show and the feature attraction was a large 29 foot wingspan, 400 pound B-29 that dropped a simulated A-bomb. The A-bomb blast was really a pit filled with plastic bags containing 500 gallons of gasoline and some dynamite. This blast was enormous and stopped traffic on a nearby freeway for hours. Accidents did happen although this was a professional show put on by qualified pyrotechnic guys and flyers. Some of these accidents I have on tape and will show to you over a period of time. Some of the tapes are old and not so good looking anymore but they will still give you an idea of what it was like back then at the greatest rc show in the world.

The first tape shows the large B-29. This plane had two mishaps in it's short life.. This first tape is the most interesting mishap when this large bomber lost three engines and landed in a tree.

Go to my site www.rcwarbirds.com to view this tape in the Video section.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk27041.jpg
Views:	2924
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	452984