RCU Forums - View Single Post - Okay, who's the Kraft radio guru?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 08:58 PM
Tommygun
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Okay, who's the Kraft radio guru?

I found something the other day I'd totally forgotten about in my parent's basement while I was over visiting- my fathers old 5 channel Kraft Series Seventy-Seven radio, complete with all the servos and reciever (One is a Heath kit servo!) Anyway, I took it home, dusted it off, went through it and noticed it has a plug identical to the ones used on newer Futabas. My 8UAPS buddy cord will plug right into it. Is there any way to use it as a buddy box, or with a flight simulator? As I remember, we would charge it through that port; does it have other functions as well? The battery seems to be completely dead; I doubt it would recharge since it was made like 30 years ago. What does the series number mean, is that that year it was made? How can you replace the battery; it's a special made unit kinda deal. Up until the basement got major water a couple of year ago, we had the original box and everything for it. What do you guys normally do with these old radios, display them next to a vintage plane at fun flys or something?