RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aeropro Cap
Thread: Aeropro Cap
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2002, 01:56 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aeropro Cap

I have one of these Caps, and have flown it for a few seasons. There is a detailed write up on my web site, in the review or proejects section. the web address is www.GiantScaleRC.com.

Some general comments from memory;

A G62 powered it well, and it balanced pretty good with that engine. I used the ignition on the G62, but it wasn't all that much different from using the Jump Start system. The Jump Start is much lighter and cheaper, so I would go that route if I did it again.

This plane will be harder to torque roll than a larger plane. However, if one could get more power, and lighter weight, it should be ok. I wouldn't go with any engine that is heavier than the G62. If you do, you will need to add tail weight to compensate, and it will start to get heavier, further limiting its torque rolling abilities.

The plane flies nice. Is stable in the air, and tracks well. However, it does build heavy, so try to lighten it as much as you can during building.

Hope that helps. Check the web site for more info. If you don't find what you need there, e-mail me at slfaust at charter dot net.