RCU Forums - View Single Post - GPS guidance
Thread: GPS guidance
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 12:16 AM
typicalaimster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GPS guidance

One way I was thinking was to have the autopilot line the thing up. At a certain waypoint the autopilot does like a -15/20 degree decent based off of the barometric sensor. At the same time another sensor detects your airspeed to keep the aircraft from stalling. After the craft reaches say 5 feet off the ground to me it'd seem like you'd want to switch from barometric to ultrasonic. Perhaps you'd want to do a compairison between the ultrasonics and the barometric sensors. Hopefully by this time you'd be somewhere near a clearing for the runway. When your down to the last 2 feet of the run you could almost just 'dump' the throttle and let the sensors do the rest. Sadly I need to find some time in my schedule to learn some programming. Then maybe I could quit talking and start making

I know there is all this stuff about flairing at the end. Usually when I come in now I'm actually holding a certain amount of up elevator on my decent. I then use the throttle as my altitude control all the way end. I don't know if it's just the difference between pushers vs tractors or what.