RCU Forums - View Single Post - Blade CP: blade pitch varies with elevator input
Old 05-13-2006, 04:03 PM
cmassa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Blade CP: blade pitch varies with elevator input

I have a Blade CP which I have flown a lot and can loop, roll, etc. It has developed a problem which I cannot resolve. I have the Bell-Hiller upgrade on it. I cannot maintain a hover. The pitch is constantly changing. I have found that just a slight tap of down elevator causes the blade pitch to increase. A tap up up elevator causes a decrease in blade pitch. Any slight movement in the right stick causes this making a stable hover impossible. I am contantly fighting it. I have watched the servos while holding it in my hand and they seem stable and are going back to the same place. I can definitely feel an increase in upward thrust. I have taken apart the head. The spindle is straight and new o-rings have been put in. Tracking is right on and the main shaft is straight. I have added and removed shims without any difference. It occurs both with the stock and aluminum swash plates. Any ideas? This is really frustrating. It used to hold a very stable hover without much input.

Chris